Ian Pooley - Hands-On - Karacter - Culture Vulture - Analog Heat - Vertigo VSM-2

AH rated no 2 in shootout !!

2 Likes

Hi theres a post here where some of this compressor stuff was discussed, and the video of ian pooley is very good in my opinion.

1 Like

I trust Pooley’s ears, and he is one hell of a producer.

AH beating out the Culture Vulture SE and the Elysia!? Wow.

What a value.

1 Like

the heat is pretty awesome. almost bought the karacter 500 until i had the chance to demo the heat in my studio and i was blown away at what it was doing. Excellent piece of hardware that will only get more attention as time goes on as a quick n dirty one stop master bus processor for groove boxes / modular / drum machines / synths etc.

2 Likes

If they stopped selling the heat --used prices would climb and climb --Analog Heat out of all Electrons gear = instant Future classic studio tool.

Analog Heat is like voodoo magic on the mix buss, wish I had a few of them really.

1 Like

The Vertigo sounds gorgeous in that shootout. But the Analog Heat sounds great.
I don’t think it’s an expensive box. I’ve wanted both a stereo filter and a stereo saturator for a long time, I’ve been looking at Shermans and Rodecs and Overstayers and the combination of any of those elements is much more expensive than the Heat.
With the Heat I also got an eq, seven types of analog filters, modulation options, and eight types of distortion. Each distortion type is very distinct and musical. I think the Heat is a fantastic thing.

2 Likes

Would have been good if he had run the Vertigo plugin for comparison

Vertigo sounds incredible but at 10x the price of Heat a bit rich for my blood, it will be interesting to see how the Oto Boum compares to Heat, personally I did not gel with the Heat when I had one, I will most probably try a Boum when they are available though.

Edit: Got another AH six months later, spent more time with it and now really into it, a very deep box, I did not give it enough time first time around.

1 Like

Boum was announced in march 2014 !
Coming soon since 2 years…
Apparently it is coming sooner, tests are finished.