I usually love it here …

I find all this complaining and meta-complaining entertaining and am not offended by it one bit. It’s all a necessary byproduct of activity on the social networking platforms we corral ourselves onto. Now is a good time to exercise your ability to not take other peoples opinions on gear personally.

16 Likes

I do! That griping made a change tho!

Now, no matter where you look- you’ll find no evidence that the model:whatever(aka discount OT3) was ever teased/released/sold.

I enjoyed the playfulness of the Syntakt speculation thread. I don’t want a Syntakt, but it’s not hard to imagine others might want one. I want to want the new TE mixer but have sworn off tiny gear like that. I generally feel that people who use “snowflake” to refer to things that aren’t snow are projecting.

I’m fine with people complaining in the spirit of being frustrated musicians, or wishing for something that’s not there (if only the TX 6 we’re larger….) but it’s sad when people mistake wants for needs, or get angry because companies don’t serve their personal vision of how something should work. Even with all the component shortages, we are luxuriating in choices for gear.

That said, we are more than 2 years into a pandemic and people aren’t at their best right now.

8 Likes

I’m so glad this box wasn’t another Model.

Not because of any way I feel about the Models. But as a moderator… ooooof.

20 Likes

No wrong opinions

14 Likes

lmao :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hmmmm…interesting approach. And here I’ve been spending all of my hard earned on new kit.

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

We are all the beginning and end of feedback loops.

1 Like

It comes with no guarantees! I did still buy two Nord Leads since employing this practice. Turns out you also have to delete your ModWiggler account and Reverb account if you truly want to change.

4 Likes

I hope that in the morning we’re all friends again.

We should all be getting excited in the Syntone thread

5 Likes

I’m not ready for this kind of change!

2 Likes

Hey - not while I still have items listed!!

2 Likes

You know, I think I’d prefer this forum more if Elektron never released anything again, but just filed a trademark or two every once in a while.

Speculation is fun.

If I wanted to baste in other people’s disappointment I’d go spend a weekend with my parents.

24 Likes

A new product release is like a lottery drawing. Some people gush. Some people complain. Such is life.

3 Likes

Hits very close to home :laughing:

4 Likes

I think that struck quite a lot of us close to the bone

4 Likes

Maybe just close the topic.

It’s too exhausting. I don’t know how you guys have the energy. I’m going back to lurking with the occasional dumb question every now and again.

3 Likes

The best mature answer i’ve read.

Everyone online right now:

(if anyone would like to ignore my posts, please let me know and I’ll @ you in all of them so that they’re easier to identify)

3 Likes

Did you miss the post with the guy complaining about the thread that’s complaining about people complaining in other threads.

1 Like