I think OT Mk2 will not be my definitive "WorkStation"... but,

I see what you did there

3 Likes

:upside_down_face: Maybe wait till your mid 50’s.

1 Like

Dunno what to say here, except to say with any gear (any thing ) you have to define what you want first, and then set out to do it.

OK, with an instrument you can play already you can have serendiptious “accidents” where you discover great things in a creative flow. But not on day one.

I recently accidentally acquired an OT mkii in trade, more out of:

1. curiosity
  2. a since of inevitability (felt like as an A4/AR/AH owner I was bound to get one one day

I didn’t/don’t have any specific goals in mind, and so it sat in the box the first few days, then I looked at the manual and tried the set up examples/tutorials, and after following the book, I thought…but what happens if I do this.

So I guess my question is…why did you buy it? What was your aim/goal? What purpose did you hope it would help you reach?

I almost always hate my ot
Sometimes it is amazing though

I almost always love my digitakt
It gives me more fun
I keep on exploring
Brings me somewhere i didn’t expect me to go, while i feel in controle.

1 Like

Sold my DT cos of the migraines, then 2 months later they release the new firmware…

I thought the Octatrack WAS a mid-life crisis machine.

3 Likes

Sold mine after 2 months.

1 Like

I use mine as a looper/fx mixer on top of dt and a4mk2
Gave up to make a groove on it

Yeah just sell it ehhrm I mean her, it’s not for everyone. Someone else will be happy to get a two month old mk2 for a good price :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess he don’t have time for a middle age crisis either :joy:

2 months on the OT is like 3 min to prepare a nice meal… You don’t wanna taste some more.

2 Likes

perfect analogy

2 Likes

U sir are a poet and I appreciate u so much

try two HOURS after selling it. That’s what happened to me.

2 Likes

I just bought my 3rd OT…this time will give it more than 2 weeks which is all I gave the other 2 tries.

I’m kinda bummed that the “Octatrack has not satisfied my soul” comment isn’t it’s own thread.

3 Likes

It was though. However with a limited amount of RAM available for threads, some threads are merged into a single thread, and sliced, so you can start reading them from whatever point you like, and they appear to be two threads.

4 Likes

We have plenty of these threads

1 Like

I was being a bit facetious…But also enjoyed that the person didn’t complain about the physical limitations, but treated their dislike for the OT as some sort of bad relationship. The OP obviously has better things to do. I can relate. I’m in the same relationship with a piece of gear right now. I keep plugging it back in, hoping we will get along. But, honestly, not satisfying the soul.

3 Likes

Hmm… it’s surprising to me someone can give up so quick but if you don’t do your homework, have no experience with similar hardware, and then have no real clue about it. Yeah, your setting yourself up for failure.
I stayed away from synths with menu systems, I hate them. Especially on an ‘instrument’. Your never menu surfing on a guitar, you just play it.

It is a huge step into the elektron system. It’s not terribly difficult. But I would say if your new to elektron don’t start with the OT. Use the Digitakt first. Get familiar with that layout of the lesser portion of the system and then decide from there if your really interested in the larger investment of yourself in the OT.

Nobody became a virtuoso in a few weeks using something entirely foreign to them.

6 Likes

Honestly I haven’t even used the sequencer in at least 6 months. There’s so much other stuff you can do.