I think OT Mk2 will not be my definitive "WorkStation"... but,

hey sezare ! where i can find “roadmap” of Octatrack ?

I dont remember if youve stated that you read this or not. But heres merlins guide as one perspective on a roadmap.

2 Likes

that’s exactly why im searching an old house little, a bit retired from civilization 1-2 Km… to give back my f*kin 90 dB & respect the trees with good vibes.

of course, i’ll miss MARSEILLE (Stade Vélodrome + kebabs, & friends…), i’ll miss LA CÔTE BLEUE, the beaches … surf campers spot… & The Sun.

(thinked Ibiza also but no abla español & im too old & its not anymore my delire…)

i go in Alpes FR, 200 Km to north, it’s mountain villages… (i need calm, i liven in city/sub-urban/gangs territory… btw they like techno lol…)

my dream is living back to La Côte Bleue (Sausset-les-Pins), but only riches live there… 40m² is 200-300k & villas must be 450K+.

1 Like

La Creuse should fit the bill :wink:

2 Likes

no northly… i need to be closer enough Gap & Marseille… to go to Stadium if my OM sheeps will qualify for Champions League LOL, but not with that president…

• in Alpes there is 1 or 2 discos, and i think they play only 80s, good… but i like deep house / deep-dub tech too…

Well with the other ‘Machines’ you can give yourself more of an effects chain, or using one of the tracks as a master and I’m sure if there is another way to do more, someone on here has said or could on here if they haven’t already.

You all are so helpful, and I really have to say after putting up a question myself and seeing the helpful responses it’s nice being a part of the Elektron/OT Club! You guys rock!

1 Like

I dont think there is such a thing as a perfect machine… because every user Will have their own “perfect”.

Have you considered looking into some other machine that complements OT or that does what you find OT is missing?

another OT :slight_smile:

Yeah but that won’t get you new features just more features…

she not satisfied my soul.

i’m 43, i cant get stuck by this méchine…

i got new horizons, new sounds, new universes,

i could not get trapped ina 4/4 groovebox like this…

:-/

3 Likes

Let her not be the only one… but keep her too :wink:

1 Like

I didn’t even know the Octatrack could 4/4 bro

2 Likes

If you believe Octatrack is Only 4/4 then you havent explored it enough… dig deeper.

5 Likes

i feel you .
i decided to learn how to play the cello.
after 3 months i was not nearly as good as Yoyo Ma so i said " Fuck it!" and threw in the towel.
Stupid instruments taking time to learn how to play and shit…
Youre right.
give up.

15 Likes

Put it in the box, let it sit somewhere for a while before you sell it. In the meantime watch some Cenk stuff…

Question is, what kind of music do you want to do?

2 Likes

To be honest, i was trying to do 4/4, but everything sounded like it was only doing θ/π time signatures. We parted ways…

3 Likes

turn off quantize, use microtiming, use per track time scale/length, use conditional trigs. These keys will get you out of the trap. :thup:

1 Like

Micro-timing and conditional trigs alone won’t get you away from a 4/4 time signature.

You need to set specific pattern lengths plus limiting yourself to one bar patterns is the simplest way. Then you can use conditional trigs to make your one bar patterns sound longer.

1 Like

Mk1 or mk2?

Not by themselves, but not sure anyone said they would?

So, yea. It’s all about the sum of the parts if you want to get out of the gridded, regimented sound.