I think OT Mk2 will not be my definitive "WorkStation"... but,

I played a Bond ElectraGlide once, it was pretty nice.

3 Likes

But sometimes you just know. Time is limited, not everything is right for you. Not every decision can be made in advance of purchase…

“No amount of sophistication is going to allay the fact that all of
your knowledge is about the past and all your decisions are about the
future.”

If something is sufficiently alien we can’t know if we like it until after we try it.

Fair play, if it isn’t his soul mate…I have bought stuff that I have known very quickly I don’t want to spend the time getting to know (I have met people like that too :D) Have I been wrong and missed out because of that? Probably. But opportunity cost isn’t just for economics, if you’re learning this, you’re not learning that.

2 Likes

Yet for some people it is too long. I think this statement is overused to justify things like purchases.

In the context of the rest of my post? Ok. fixed it

2 Likes

finally i keep it some more :slight_smile:

i prefer wait updates, will mail Elektron directly, as people here thinks Feature Requests r same as discutable suggestion :)))))))

i Think Elektron eventually do a new flagship sampler. They all seem like gear nerds, probably want the same things the rest of us do. But obviously they on their own schedule, don’t hold your breath, LoL

and if they do, it probably have a lot similar OS to what we already know.

i would make it in the format of a 4 channel DJ mixer and blow everyone’s mind with what it can do under the hood. Pioneer EFX? LoL, that’s cute…

hook up 4 turntables or 4 cdj or 4 elektron boxes and sample the shit out of everything live remixing DJ producing hybrid without a computer.

By the time you have gotten to know her (OT), by listening to what she (OT) wants, there will possibly be new updates. We just got an update very recently.

Quality of life is too short to be worried about anything other than family and health. My grandmother is past 90, blind and barely mobile, I never once heard her question a purchase. In fact, she’s the first one to tell you life is too short. Go figure.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s subjective, but the octatrack is a modular and massive system. If your new to elektron the system it self is it’s own learning process and the Digitakt could at least give someone not wanting to throw a grand around to just see if it feels right and not really even understand it’s feature. And the Digitakt gives you a lot of the same features, not as robust, but the same system and that is where you will really decide, unless you prefer pads to click buttons, which you should go with the ideal control you need or want.