I need a Studio Desk

I need a new Studio Desk but i don’t know if i can explain what i exactly need.
Ok, something like this:
https://on-stage.com/products/view/12503
but, isn’t the Synth being too high in there? I want something that is the opposite
of this where the Synth would be on the bottom and the keyboard on Top.
I mean i want the Synth to be somewhere at a Piano Height, why are all deks with
the Synth board being up so high? Is there anything? I do not need nothing fancy and
special but to be able to have the synth at a Synth Stand Height not level with my neck.
The reason is i do not wanna have a stand in front of the Desk, takes too much space.
And there is no desk which is also height adjustable.

Thanks

1 Like

What gear are you looking to put on it? The way I see it, tables like the one you linked would work pretty well.

Bottom tier: master keyboard (not sure if I like the fact that it’s a sliding tray, could be too wobbly)
Middle tier: desktop synths, keyboard and mouse, Elektrons, pedals, etc
Top tier: speakers, screen

1 Like

I used keyboard stands, and shelves.
Modular, adjustable

2 Likes

Thanks Juan, can you give some more details or links? What i want is, i can also have just my keyboard
on a stand and in front of it or if you say it the back of it just the 2 PC Monitors but i can not find a Stan
for the Monitors that would go from the floor up and adjustable.

Thanks

Anfim, mostly one MIDI Controller such as an SL61 MK2 or an NI 61 Controller, 2 PC Monitors,
a PC Keyboard and i can add…take…from it depending on what i add later. I just have problem
with the height of the main MIDI Controller.

I just use a few of these.
https://media.sweetwater.com/api/i/f-webp__ha-f76e72feeb90b08b__q-82__hmac-dbbed7fa43277e10dd7461008e3ce95dd6354385/images/items/750/ZStd-large.jpg.auto.webp

I actually have 2 of them…just need to find a way to add this to them:

Which means i need to add some kind of a Rod to the back of the stand to attach this.

Thanks

I have two of the single arm version and they are great. Hold 27" (and a 24") without issues.

Where can you buy studio desks in EU apart from Thomann? Looking for something like Output Platform look and feel. But in general just surprised that not that many shop sells studio desks. Are Thomann and Music Store really the only ones?

1 Like

Soon: Ikea. The Obegränsad series contains amoung other: a humble studio desk with monitor stands and slide out drawer for a keyboard (the keystep kind or the PC kind). I think the price is 149, probably excluding the stands. In this image I see a Digi stand too, but I am unsure if this will be part of the collection. I do know that a record player is coming.

PS. I like how they are proudly showing the wires on the desk at least. Apparently, the digi is battery powered and completely wireless. Or is it a conversation piece?
PPS. oh, hang on, they are in the process of wiring a digi up, and the cables are still in this little bag that will be part of the collection. They just paused the wiring process to take a photo from the ceiling.

2 Likes

I got one made from here. It’s amazing and they can make to your specifications. They are based in the Ukraine and free EU shipping.

2 Likes

Also just came across this? EDIT just saw that this was posted above :rofl:

Oh shit that speaker stand clamp thing is perfect for my MTMs

Might actually go to ikea tomorrow lmao

Too soon! It’s not available yet. Next month!

Lol you’re right, not available at the stores yet but somehow available for delivery?

Any good? Looks quality…

Audio Housing in Barcelona

4 Likes

It’s expensive for what it is.

1 Like

Yep, totally agree, it’s expensive but looks well designed (with that mid century aesthetic). There’s definitely a market for that sort of thing. You can buy a new Ercol desk for the same price which just holds vases and shit, so I can see the value in a companies offering options on well designed studio desks to suit your environment. :grinning:

2 Likes

Holy hell. That photograph looks like a diorama archeologists hundreds of years in the future would put together. ‘Apartment of a bedroom producer circa 2022’.

1 Like

Mine arrives in a few hours after several weeks of production time. Really nice couple that builds them.