I miss the 90ties and Gabber

me-my-partner-were-crying-over-this-v0-34qbnil12z1c1

4 Likes

The linked track is cool! I’m afraid my deepest knowledge is 91-93 (songs that would fit the description could be: Edge Of Motion - Set Up 707 / Public Energy - Three o’ Three / Fazer - e-tune for x / Ace The Space - 9 is a classic (303 nation rmx) ) … others I can think of would be faster than those.)

1 Like

you and your condecending crap can piss off. I really have enough of this bullshit. bye.

2 Likes

Seems as good a time as ever to post this biochip c classic.

6 Likes

Jeannes first comment was a bit sarcastic, defo not totally meant for real. Hej, a snarky response when someone posts in an appreciation thread about Gabber that they don’t like it, expect some snarky response I say. Totally normal.

Not normal however your response there criticising her art directly, like so she should do something finally “for real” etc — as if her art isn’t already that — and HOW she could do it better, well that’s totally condescending for real and unnescessary bs no one needs around here.

I think you owe her an apology and btw if you’re so great at producing this stuff 24/7 coz it’s so easy, then by all means, do it and be the techno master who churns out bangers around the clock and tops the spotify tech charts in no-time. Show us your mastery!

cheers

2 Likes

Have fun being pissed off. Don’t tell me what to wear.

2 Likes

Hey, what’s with the grumpy mood, people?

4 Likes

~

On the internet, I get comments like that (and worse) the whole effing day [just for existing], and comment no. 8562693 really can’t be considered creative anymore. I always visit Elektronauts thinking it’s a place of friends. But occasionally there’s a sad reality check.

8 Likes

…i don’t feel gabber…but i feel u, jeanne… and that lying dalai jumped into this missunderstanding right away can be good proof, this place remains what u pass by for…
see u around…

Just stop it, ok? I don’t think that a “but I feel u” is in any way appropriate, like at all!

Also always a good point: if it’s about a thing, stick it to THE THING and don’t divert it to a persons art, or clothes they wear, or gender, or whatever… it’s never a good way to participate in a forum in that fasion and only leads to shit like that.

3 Likes

giphy

3 Likes

Coming into a “We love X” topic and talking about how you hate X…

1 Like

I’ve recently discovered this track, it’s actually from 2008 but like a mix between the early 90’s vibe (respectively the years in which hardcore was invented) and industrial …

6 Likes

Tocchitek fills my urge for 90’s n gabber but with greater quality😊

dang, if this is considered Gabber… I’m now also making Gabber! @.@

(note: I’ve been widely out of touch with the whole techno scene for many many years)

2 Likes

No Spotify here please

…no further virtue signaling and good will hunting needed, goys and birls…

jeanne and i made peace and clarified the situation via pm…

so let’s get’s back to topic like jeanne already did…

while i also think, nope, that’s not gabba…that’s a bit too slow to be gabber and i would call it industrial house…with a few pinches of good old hardcore…

1 Like

Especially early gabber (91 - 93) is often extremely close to industrial, and done with the same equipment/synths/approach …

1 Like

:kissing_heart:

I’ve never really drawn a line between gabber and hardcore, perhaps because of the huge disparity in style and speed in hardcore, so sorry if I posted off topic.
In any case I like both and have a particular affection for certain sounds that came out of the depths of the woods of the French countryside during my youth, a sound so dirty and brutal with a slight interference from the hum of the generators in the mud, so much memories.

3 Likes

I think u mean pitch-hiker by pilldriver (marc acardipane). Not gabber but a classic :slight_smile:

2 Likes