I miss the 90ties and Gabber

Is it Napalm or Biochip C or is Napalm a Biochip C alias? Edit: I have to dig into this record label …

I didn’t know this track (I think) but I like it a lot, it sounds a bit alike:

3 Likes

not sure, i first heard that track on this: https://www.discogs.com/master/1845790-Various-Braindead-5

so could be an error on there… but he did release under loads of different names…

1 Like

I grew up in the old East communist part of Germany and was a teen when the Berlin wall fell. A few years later we scrambled together some gabba tracks using mostly Amiga 500s and octatrack with the occasional synth addition (track 16). Here is a collection of our “Best of”. I hadn’t listened to it for years and rather enjoyed being lifted back to sweaty smokey clubs times. Track 11 got the crowd going and is still my favourite :joy:

6 Likes

I don’t think this is 100% accurate, but definitely a great watch.

4 Likes

Damn! These are great. Especially tracks 7,8 and 9. Reminds me of the 1995-1998 Thunderdome tracks.

1 Like

I made this ~10 years ago, with caustic on my mobile phone.
It’s no gabber, but good enough to annoy your neighborhood!

That was the “cover”:

4 Likes

This was the first Moby song I’ve ever heard.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reminder :ecstatic:
Hearing this for the first time at a rave back then I was totally blown away

2 Likes

I reeeally love this Marc Acardipane track that was obviously inspired by Thousand. It’s so menacing

2 Likes

I still have all my TRC records from early 00’s…

So much memories!

1 Like

Sorry for little offtopic.
Of course hardcore and gabber scene of Holland was an icon for russian gabbers. Mostly we know and love music from Thunderdome compilation because they was everywhere as pirate copies.
And guys who loved hardcore music began to write own hardcore and gabber. Often music was created in trackers because music equipment was very rare.
So if you interested in russian hardcore and undeground electronic of 90s and 2000s welcome to my archive in Telegram.

2 Likes

This sounds amazing but I have neither Telegram or a Phone :sob:

1 Like

May be notelegram mode help you make a best syntakt and other HW video on YT?

Some old russian gabba from 90s
DJ Zloy - Cool
Razor Shock - Freestyle
Punkoff & DJ Zloy - Im Kreazy

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll explore :wink:

Just had this on the Rytm (all synth except the hihats) “Alles gaat naar de T__ten”

(don’t like the riff yet, but the crazy mode yes)

3 Likes

The 90’s has past my friends. What could be possible though is having @Jeanne on the Superbooth stage. I’m be waiting for the poor excuses on why not though… :yum:

This year I am at an artists residency in north germany during Superbooth time, but maybe next year if ppl tell them where’s the noise :wink:

2 Likes

Here’s a link to the internet archive where you can find all those no longer available 90s sample cds people were using. It’s fun to listen through them and hearing where a lot of artist got their stabs and vox.
https://archive.org/details/audio?tab=collection&query=90s+sample+cd

3 Likes

Not really true just the wrong party.

But has it?

Song from 2023, very hardcore riffesque, a bit similar to Genlog - Apollo 4 (1994) even :wink:

And I still hear the Anasthasia Stab everywhere

2 Likes

Because the power of music is immortal - I know a lot of young guys and girls who weren’t even born when the hardcore (and eurodance) mania started, but they love this music. =)

1 Like