I miss the 90ties and Gabber

giphy

3 Likes

Coming into a “We love X” topic and talking about how you hate X…

1 Like

I’ve recently discovered this track, it’s actually from 2008 but like a mix between the early 90’s vibe (respectively the years in which hardcore was invented) and industrial …

6 Likes

Tocchitek fills my urge for 90’s n gabber but with greater quality😊

dang, if this is considered Gabber… I’m now also making Gabber! @.@

(note: I’ve been widely out of touch with the whole techno scene for many many years)

2 Likes

No Spotify here please

…no further virtue signaling and good will hunting needed, goys and birls…

jeanne and i made peace and clarified the situation via pm…

so let’s get’s back to topic like jeanne already did…

while i also think, nope, that’s not gabba…that’s a bit too slow to be gabber and i would call it industrial house…with a few pinches of good old hardcore…

1 Like

Especially early gabber (91 - 93) is often extremely close to industrial, and done with the same equipment/synths/approach …

1 Like

:kissing_heart:

I’ve never really drawn a line between gabber and hardcore, perhaps because of the huge disparity in style and speed in hardcore, so sorry if I posted off topic.
In any case I like both and have a particular affection for certain sounds that came out of the depths of the woods of the French countryside during my youth, a sound so dirty and brutal with a slight interference from the hum of the generators in the mud, so much memories.

3 Likes

I think u mean pitch-hiker by pilldriver (marc acardipane). Not gabber but a classic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is it Napalm or Biochip C or is Napalm a Biochip C alias? Edit: I have to dig into this record label …

I didn’t know this track (I think) but I like it a lot, it sounds a bit alike:

3 Likes

not sure, i first heard that track on this: https://www.discogs.com/master/1845790-Various-Braindead-5

so could be an error on there… but he did release under loads of different names…

1 Like

I grew up in the old East communist part of Germany and was a teen when the Berlin wall fell. A few years later we scrambled together some gabba tracks using mostly Amiga 500s and octatrack with the occasional synth addition (track 16). Here is a collection of our “Best of”. I hadn’t listened to it for years and rather enjoyed being lifted back to sweaty smokey clubs times. Track 11 got the crowd going and is still my favourite :joy:

6 Likes

I don’t think this is 100% accurate, but definitely a great watch.

4 Likes

Damn! These are great. Especially tracks 7,8 and 9. Reminds me of the 1995-1998 Thunderdome tracks.

1 Like

I made this ~10 years ago, with caustic on my mobile phone.
It’s no gabber, but good enough to annoy your neighborhood!

That was the “cover”:

4 Likes

This was the first Moby song I’ve ever heard.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reminder :ecstatic:
Hearing this for the first time at a rave back then I was totally blown away

2 Likes

I reeeally love this Marc Acardipane track that was obviously inspired by Thousand. It’s so menacing

2 Likes

I still have all my TRC records from early 00’s…

So much memories!

1 Like