Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Not using the mc 707?

I’m trying to use my time in isolation to focus on the Octatrack, but I do grab the 707 off the shelf regularly. Still haven’t explored the new firmware update completely.

Next purchase is probably going to be the Output Platform desk, with the Sidecar as well. Never enough space :confused:

1 Like

Thanks, I figured I better include something Elektron for the forum. That space was originally intended for the H5 and room to add maybe a volca beats, but the H5 was too hard to use on the top tier and I’ve since decided I get on better with drum sequencers on the iPad than hardware. The Heat definitely works in the setup, and tbh I’m not sure what I could add in its place sound module-wise that can’t be covered with the iPad. I can see myself rotating it with the drolo stretchweaver and meris hedra at some point, however.

1 Like

Loooong ago. Breakbeats at 115bpm if I remember correctly.

1 Like

Who need’s Flat Eric when you got Deaf Eric ?! :crazy_face:
Fe

2 Likes

Hi there ! I don’t post that often but check the forum regularly.

I wanted to share my set up during confinement since I am quite happy with it right now. Some kind of “desert island machine” mindset with the OT as the obvious answer. I started to make one beat / video per day last week, we’ll see where it goes… :slight_smile:

Here are some of the ones I really like:

Voir cette publication sur Instagram

Digging indian music from my dad’s collection. Made this chill beat 🐢 I’m quite happy with the result. . . . . . #elektron #octatrack #sampling #indianmusic #homestudio #homestudiolife #chillbeats #confinement

Une publication partagée par @ romanicks le 3 Avril 2020 à 10 :18 PDT

☀️ Saturday’s chill beat ☀️ . . . . . #elektron #octatrack #sampling #chillbeats #homestudio #homestudiolife #bedroomproducer #confinement

Une publication partagée par @ romanicks le 4 Avril 2020 à 9 :31 PDT

Lazy sunday afternoon. Made this chill beat 🤙 . . . . . #elektron #octatrack #sampling #chillbeats #homestudio #homestudiolife #bedroomproducer #lofibeats

Une publication partagée par @ romanicks le 5 Avril 2020 à 8 :47 PDT

10 Likes

Classic. What’re you sampling in the inputs?

Cheers! Most of the time, I sample old records and some random stuff on YouTube. For the drums, I am using drum machines samples from my library.

1 Like

Definitely my desert island gear. Sold it once and never regretted a sale so bad, my OT and MD are lifers now :wink:

3 Likes

Maybe the two most beautiful and powerful Elektron device ever made.

2 Likes

Look so nice together, I think the OT MK2 is the only MK2 that looks better then the original

2 Likes

i have a bitwig template for recalling patches, but i also am able to recall patches using the OT (load part / double tap stop).

i do agree simple is often better.

beauty shot with the morning’ sun :sunny:

Sounds like this :

17 Likes

@Stone262 What do you think of the stretchweaver? Been eyeing that one for a while.

@blurrghost I really like it, and need to use it more. It does a ton of stuff and can be subtle but I think it shines most being more dramatic. I haven’t figured out exactly where it fits in my workflow but I think it’s either adding an effect while mixing or coming up with something to write a track around. There’s plenty of demos of the time and pitch settings but to me its gate setting is a lot of fun and was an unexpected surprise. You can have an audio loop going in one channel that can be set to only be heard when you play audio into the other channel. It’s kinda like the audio is part of your synth patch. That setting is also great for finding a patch or coming up with a new part to go with a track… as you can leave the track looping but have it squash the volume when you’re not playing something which helps a bit with loop fatigue. For me it also helps rogue notes stand out much more going from silence to full mix.

Thanks. That sounds pretty cool. I have an Aphex 105 gate that I tend to use in a similar way but having that ability in a pedal type format would be great, not to mention it’s other features. I’ll have to pick one up one of these days but it sure seems like an effect I could gel with.

current lockdown setup

picked up a ua arrow today, my first dedicated interface in years (aside from when the Elektrons had them built in)

got some new strings to setup my guitars, interested to see how the uad plugins sound.

10 days off now let’s see what happens :slight_smile:

edit: tbh i kinda bought the Arrow coz i got a good second hand deal, but the price point had pretty much sold me for the features. i did know there was DSP plugin stuff involved. but now im reading you need to use the UA Console app to achieve that. to my surprise, the new Luna daw also works with the Arrow, and coincidently actually dropped yesterday ahead of schedule due to Covid 19 - i plugged in my Arrow and it prompted me to install it. as far as i understand it, this makes Console redundant and gives me a new DAW for free, with all the DSP powered plugs baked right in

awesome

12 Likes

How are you liking Luna so far? Does it host 3rd party VST/AU plugins?

Roland MC-303 :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Apologies for the off topic response :

I’ve only had a couple hours with it. Seems very straight forward. Yes, 3rd party VST support is included.

It has quirks, and seems a little too steered towards buying more of their stuff which I’m not a big fan of. The system also uses iLok, so your interface must be connected in order to use it.

I was just trying to dot through the manual on the couch and have a play - no dice, had to grab the arrow and have it on the couch with me to do some testing.

Likewise without an internet connection it won’t run. So on a plane edits are out of the question, as are your network-free lakeside sabbaticals. Likewise no chilling at a cafe with just your laptop, you’ll need the box too. It all feels a bit Mbox-like the way that was years ago for Pro Tools. And I think this is the market they are going after.

I think a lot of this will settle down once we leave v1.0.0, and UA find their footing in this world. At the moment it’s a nice offering for UA users who are based in a studio, but it’d be nice to see them expand their concept of when and where Luna can be used for users who decide to make it their DAW of choice, which tbh it very well could be.

Otherwise, it all looks very polished and finished, have yet to dive deep enough to discover any snags at this point.

edit : I believe if u buy an iLok dongle u can circumvent the internet thing

1 Like