I’m really thinking time to swap octatrack for digitakt

Well, you seem to have jumped out of the neutral zone and became a Digitakter, with some lingering Octatracker in you I’ve noticed… :joy:

1 Like

I guess so… but wait until a Model:Synth is released :upside_down_face:

1 Like

If your sample needs don’t require transient snapping, slicing, timestretch, waveform zoom and all that other good stuff than the Digitakt is great. For me the lack of those features was a dealbreaker. Then again I work with lots of breakbeats and resampled melodic sounds. Setting start and end points for breaks and loop points for reese basses got very tedious very quickly on the Digitakt.

You do get a few fancy sequencer tricks in return, like being able to edit multiple trigs, or being able to hear the note you’re entering with an external keyboard upon input. Oh, and pretty visuals on that crisp oled screen.

You traitor!
You should be quite about these tendencies… How do we now your not a spy? :smile: :thinking:

OT is Bridge
DT is Texas Hold ‘em

OT is 18 holes with a full bag
DT is pitch n put (modelsample is crazy golf)

OT is chess
DT is draughts

OT is snooker
DT is billiards

OT is Frank Zappa
DT is Jamiroquai

16 Likes

-image copyright some other wingnut Elektronaut besides me :grin:

11 Likes

" Going where the weather suits my clothes"

2 Likes

I’m goin where the water tastes like wine! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

:peace_symbol::elot::peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Just to clarify - it almost outsold the OT overall in its first year.
So yeah, it’s extremely popular - but so is the Octatrack! Just goes to show how one is not better than the other, they instead cater to different needs and different people, or the same people, or … cats?

14 Likes

Or the same people to fulfil different needs!

3 Likes

Pc Ableton/ Maschine / Reaktor
||

Roland Mx 1 = Roland TR8S
||
Waldorf XT

My set up at the moment minus Octatrack.

Think I’ll definitely be reinvesting in the future just doesn’t seem to fit at the moment .

Digitakt

Octatrack
7 Likes

Hey now!

1 Like

Ha I hadn’t watched the windowlicker video in years.
Still has that creepy, unsettling, dirty menacing vibe.

Some achievement that AT’s poppier moments are more disturbing than his less known output.

Only you can know if you’ll miss some of the functionality. The digitakt is fun in its own right and easy to work with if that’s what you’re looking for but have you mastered he octatrack? Have you gotten all there is out of it and won’t regret it?

1 Like

Motherf…ing Enzo representing Digitakt, the coolest dude in the world its hard not to love your storytelling :kissing_heart:

Hummmm, it’s not the same price range. For average incomes over here, the price difference is HUGE.

1 Like

OT = Speckled doves.
DT = Mitsubishis.

:wink:

4 Likes