I’m done with Elektron

61 posts were split to a new topic: Analog Four in contrast with Moog and other synths

To bring this back on the topic I started, I had a moment the other day where I brought out the Digitakt again to just experiment with Midi Conditional Trigs into the Prophet 6. I’d never explored those before, nor made proper use of the Midi sequencer other than a way to record more complex sequences from the Prophet that I didn’t have the patience to learn, and get it right through live recording.

Dear lord, how those conditional trigs made the Prophet shine. And it was quite radiant to begin with. To have one midi track apply conditional notes as well as parameters - in this case, the amp sustain, filter resonance and cut-off, sub-oscillator volume and hi pass filter cutoff - made me realise how remarkable Elektron’s instruments are when you find these depths, disregarding my own increasingly growing distance from them.

It wasn’t just that the sequencer in the Digitakt is quite capable as is, it was the fact that it made the Prophet perform tricks that just wouldn’t be possible in any other way, and how responsive the Prophet was to those tricks. As it if had been yearning to be played not only as a damn fine keyboard, but as an instrument capable of amazing nuances and organics, if it was pushed in those directions.

It didn’t make me change my mind, but it did reinforce the notion I have that Elektron’s instruments really are in a league of their own.

7 Likes

Yesterday I connected a Korg MS20… really had fun!! <3

2 Likes

Deja Zzzzzzzzz much? Mild case of Revolving Door Syndrome - hope you work it out bruv. Not bashing you just IMHO more click-bait flouncing from someone who is a communications pro isn’t very classy. (I seem to remember you offering Elektron advice on how to do better comms?). Maybe edit the title so this thread can idle gently into that good night and we can all get back to discussing gender politics, craft ales, spirituality, the TR8S and Elektrons amazing legacy machines and new Digitone ninja FM boomshakalak. Oops I’ve just taken the bait .:rofl:

Title suggestions

1. Gone with the Wind
  2. Ulysses (Elektron in the context of Homers Odyssey)
  3. GroundHog Day 2 - 21st Century Problems

AAA32A1C-425C-44A5-B07A-14866B5B2CDB

12 Likes

I’ve had ups and downs with the A4. But now it’s fully appreciated as a very fine tool to create songs. I think it all comes down to how to create the best workflow that works for you. The tools (gear) have their purpose and work in the way they are designed.

1 Like

That feeling when the movie is 30 minutes longer than it should have been but you’re all still sitting there anyway munching on XXL popcorn and dying for the bathroom.

You had me on popcorn :heart_eyes:

1 Like

AND you can have multiple MIDI tracks on the DT pointing to the same MIDI channel to overlap even more of this stuff. Yes, you know you want to.

1 Like

Fire up some more popcorn, this show’s just getting started.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Status Update on Overbridge

I’m done with being done. I’m always just getting started.

20 Likes

And that, sir, wins the thread

2 Likes

That’ll be an extra bowl of popcorn to you, mate.

1 Like

I should add that I make a pretty damn fine bowl
of popcorn.

You guys make me think an Elektron Popcorn Maker would be hugely successful.

1 Like

It’s an art, for sure. Once you go for hot air popcorn, there’s no turning back.

It’ll go along nicely with the teenage engineering/ikea disco party pack

1 Like

My farm grows organic popcorn but I have been having trouble getting it to fully pop, any tips?

I’m defininately not done with elektron or the Digitakt but I was really in love with the idea of a Digitone when it launched but I feel my interest in it keeps on getting less and less… I know a lot of people are very happy with it but after the cuckoo tutorial and his sample set built from the Digitone I have lost quite a bit of interest in the machine. I normally really like his stuff but something just feels a bit boring from his work with the Digitone calling back too often to classic systems. I know there is really cool stuff trapped away in the machine but when you can fully midi cc sequence a knob perfunction synth from a Digitakt it gets harder and harder for me to think the Digitone will add enough to my pallet to be worth while for the amount of complexity it will add especially when it feels like more and more crazy new digital synths are going to be entering the scene (Exodus Digital Valkyrie).

1 Like

I love you man, but your done with a Elektron, yet you still have a DT this whole time? I thought that meant you didn’t have any Elektrons… :joy:

And then you busted it out, it was awesome, but your still done with them, and keeping the Elektron… :thinking:

If you were really done with them I would take that to mean that you don’t have one and pull it out once in awhile and like it… That’s like me saying I’m done riding bikes but once in awhile I ride one and it’s great, or something like that… Hahah

I’m not personally judging you or anything, but the logic doesn’t quite compute with me…
I don’t think your your done with them… :joy: your just done with it being a primary everyday component of your musical workflow/journey… No offense, just sayin… :rofl: