I have a confession (genre rant)

Sure thing re links. We are on all the streaming, but here also is our bandcamp:

1 Like

Coil and Skinny Puppy are also among my favorite bands of all time.

I totally understand what you mean. As a teenager I was against techno because of the 4 to the floor kicks. I thought it was very boring. The Eyes of Stanley Pain by Download was the first record that changed my mind. Still, I never really got into techno and never went to clubs. Then I bought an Analog Rytm and that machine dictated that I should do techno. :point_up:
A few months later I played my first two-hour live set at a festival. But techno is still not the genre I have the strongest connection to. Itā€™s really nice to produce and play, but it somehow lacks the feeling I can create or feel with other styles of music.

3 Likes

I need to hear some of this. My mind is exploding with the possibility!!!

1 Like

Just wow. Just got up this morning and wow. 145 articles. My friends, what a great conversation! If I had stayed up a little more I donā€™t think Iā€™d have made it to bed until the wee hours.

I grew up listening to my dadā€™s record collection consisting of most of Motown and Stax - heavy influences from James Brown and Sly and the Family Stone - Larry Graham and James Jamersonā€™s basslines. When I later got into A Tribe Called Quest, The Pharcyde, etc it seemed a natural fit with my other love: a progression from metal into early RHCP punk/funk and industrial via Skinny Puppy, NIN especially but also many others - Autechre, Aphex, (in general stuff from Warp Records)

Donā€™t know where Iā€™m going with this, just feeling a sense of kinshipā€¦.

2 Likes

Someone needs to ruskie up some guys and print this for @Funk_Illuminati

7 Likes

Iā€™m too old to understand whatā€™s going on here.

Or too sober.

2 Likes

EVENT//#7272882/run%script:confusion/net_redirct-POS/outsource-mainframe//$ā‚¬Ā£39271/nominal

1 Like

Yeah you donā€™t run across a lot of straight edge techno.

4 Likes

God, thatā€™d be shit.

2 Likes

i am bold
meant to say ā€œbaldā€

I imagine straight edge techno being something like all stabs no kicks and metallic ice pick hi hats

1 Like

isnā€™t that folk dancing?

3 Likes

And lots of samples from Nancy Reagan speeches.

I can hear it a bit too clearly. like an icepick hi hat.

the fed brings you techno sponsored by reaganomics, has it started yet? yes. go home its already over.

1 Like

I donā€™t know man, those folk dancers are at least drinking.

2 Likes

Sounds like an average night out in Doncaster.

4 Likes

I am not trying to copycat other artists but lately darkwave and synthwave music is motivating me to develop my skills and create new stuff even if slowly.

no kicks techno you sayā€¦

2 Likes

if thereā€™s no kick for 2 hours itā€™s trance bro.

1 Like

trance is 2 hours of kick only

4 Likes