I have a confession (genre rant)

me either! :axe:

trust me they wonā€™t!

1 Like

I grew up around hip hop heads and love it very much but i always enjoyed techno too. Back then there were quite a few people who only liked one of these genres. It felt a bit like they were contrary styles.

One thing i find interesting is that in the beginning techno/house and hip hop parties would take place in gay clubs at special nights. But in the quite homophobic climate in the 90ā€™s hip hop scene this part about the history got denied and almost forgotten.

Now itā€™s a different thing of course. Techno and hip hop are mainstream music and i still love both of them. If i only could have one it would be hip hop though. But fortunately i donā€™t have to give up that kicking techno s#!t. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A medical professional! I knew it!

But Kable, will a Moog One debt equal taste maturity? Or am I just being petty? Youā€™re the doctor!

2 Likes

I see ghost notes. Everywhere.

2 Likes

this is similar to phantom limb syndrome, ghost notes get choked out sooner though.

1 Like

That is a very interesting point though about the crossover and homophobic nonsense overlooking history.

1 Like

You might wanna check out Hellfish and Producer. Old school hip hop meets gabba/techno:

5 Likes

The Moog One is a great synth but one doesnā€™t need one (pun intended) to make banging hip hop or techno. :nerd_face:

q - what is it called if youā€™re afraid to go home?

a - living in the hood.

Itā€™s not agoraphobia cause thatā€™s the fear of leaving your home.

Ahoodaphobia

thatā€™s actually the fear of wide open spaces. you could leave your home if there was a tunnel leading away from it.

I keep waiting for this track to pick a genre and have concluded that this is breakbeats with an identity crisis.

2 Likes

I know you know that I know but I just wanted to make sure that you know that I know, yaknow?

I mean, I have no intention of buying a Moog One anytime soon.

1 Like

4 Likes

fixed that for me.

I canā€™t say no to mugatu meme

1 Like

Iā€™m fighting sleep but still trying to finish the wonder bread. Whoa Nellie. If I ever buy a female horse Iā€™m naming her Penelope, that much I do know. I think Iā€™d rather have a horse than a Moog One TBH.

1 Like

Iā€™ve always wanted to buy a tank just to drive it down the street blaring my own music. I heard Aphex Twin owned an M1 Abrams but I donā€™t know how true that was. Wonder what it is would take to get it street legal. Ghostride the tank, yahmsayin?

Oh yes! Wanted to post some hellfish bangers here. You beat me to it :blush:

Big Hip-Hop and Gabber lover here.

Musical Schizophrenia is awesome.

Who said that?

What?

Kick

4 Likes

Gonna see him three times in a weekend in may.

Canā€™t

Fucking

Wait

Time for some Fishā€¦

4 Likes

Exactly, there are no rules in techno. Techno was born of rebellion, donā€™t feel tied to a formula.

@Funk_Illuminati I was a teenager in Detroit in the 90s when hip hop and techno merged, and it was the best time of my life. Hereā€™s a great short doc on how that all came about, you may enjoy it. Iā€™d also suggest watching and listening to anything you can find on Jeff Mills 90s era.

10 Likes

I thought you said you wanted to be the Ani DiFranco of electronic music?!