I fu@#ing love autumn

Fucking love this time of year.

It’s not too hot, but people don’t give me weird looks for wearing shorts. It’s usually pretty sunny and the trees/fields have got a bit more to offer than fucking green (or yellowy brown, as this summer gave us). Also, my kids aren’t up til fucking 10 every night going on about how it isn’t night because it’s still fucking daylight.

Finally getting my musical mojo back too, after quite a long dry spell, creatively speaking. Been walking with the dog and toddler a lot round the fields lately, and even though it’s killing my arthritic knees and feet, it’s giving me lots of inspiration.

Might have to put the heating on soon though…

62 Likes

I need to get out to some woods. I love autumn walks in the woods.

6 Likes

I despise autumn. And winter. And Christmas. I like spring and summer.

4 Likes

I love autumn too.
If it’s not raining all day long

A mild, sunny autumn is the best time of the year

6 Likes

Oh yes!! It’s the moodiest part of the year when the mind goes magickal and deeper currents take over. Nature is so beautiful and there is a sense of decay that feels very special and inspiring.

Definitely heating on already!!

9 Likes

I like autumn but not my neighbours leaves falling on my roof and garden.

1 Like

The autumn takes the miserable git and turns him into the slightly displeased git :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

I prefer fall. The Fall to be specific.

7 Likes

Miserable git

7 Likes

I miss miserable git. But seriously, autumn is awesome. And not just in the UK. Lots of Europe is awesome in the autumn. :fallen_leaf:

6 Likes

Stop showing off Craig.

Just cos you got out.

4 Likes

Hamsted Heath walks (best park in London) every weekend with my girls (wife, daughters, dog)… :blue_heart:

Nature inspires.

3 Likes

Haha. I still need to register as living in France. There’s a chance they’ll kick me back :grimacing:

1 Like

This is France we’re talking about…

You’ll have died of old age before anyone bothers with you.

3 Likes

The only thing autumn is good for are barbour waxed jackets imo

1 Like

Here in northern california autumn feels like a beta test for spring.

5 Likes

So I live in one of them not quite a town but too big to really be called a village kind of places. There’s lots of new houses being built and it’s attracting a certain set of Range Rover driving bellends, presumably from the city, who seem convinced that now they live in “the countryside” they have to nonce about the place in their Barbour waxed jackets, hunter wellies and flat caps like they’re about to take part in one man and his fucking dog. Wouldn’t be so bad, but they’re only dropping their little brats off at fucking school.

Wankers

10 Likes

Maybe I’ll enjoy autumn properly once I’ve got my chainsaw sharpened, two dead and dried trees felled, chopped, split and hauled up two flights of stairs. At least in the part of Prague where we live stoves aren’t banned, and we don’t have any gas appliances!

1 Like

Fins back ladies and gents!

3 Likes

Yeah, I think part of the reason I like this time of year is that there’s a lot less people about when I go for a walk.

Can’t stand talking to people, I just like looking at trees and shit.

12 Likes