I couldn't resist after selling all my UAD plugins

I just ordered this nice Pultec style eq.

As soon as it arrived i will give you more information on this buddy.

6 Likes

nice

Cheaper than the one from Warm Audio.

Hopefully it sounds as good as the plugin :ecstatic:

Must :innocent:

The latency will be the same for sure!

Major GAS… :neutral_face:

My UAD sale was too successful :yum:

1 Like

So, the EQ just arrived 2 hours ago. It was well packed in a wooden box. The built quality is very good, it’s a tank. The knobs run smooth and the 2 channels are matched. I ran the EQ thru a dubby mix with low bass and a typical 808 kick. Well i am speechless. I have never achieved such a nice low end bassy sound with my plugins before. The hihats sit somewhere at 8 kHz and i managed to get a silky warm sound. Believe me i was looking for this sound for years. My Pultec plugin tended to make the low end muddy and the high frequencies were dull.

6 Likes

What’s the name of the company?

I think your post inspired me to get an antelope orion + and use the pultec emulation. It seems like they already give you the most popular UAD plugins for Free whereas if I bought the Apollo 8 I am still buying up. What you see is what you get.

1 Like

It’s a guy from Estonia. He sells them on Ebay but you can email him. It took only 4 days to Germany with a weekend in between!!! Super secured packaging, tubes are all well!

Wow cool! How much?

€ 948 postage incl.
for 2 channels it’s a reasonable price.

2 Likes

He also builts sta compressors. I don’t know if he still sells them.

1 Like

@monoman: any more details on how to actually find him on ebay?
Thanks ! I am not that brave when looking in there…

found him…http://www.ebay.it/usr/heikki750?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

I do not think it is a close replica since, I believe, there would not be room for all the tubes…especially since it is a dual channel occupying more or less the same space of one channel EQP1A…
But it’s nice to know that it sounds good…

1 Like

I am in the middle of testing this eq to real pultec plugins and must say that i can’t achieve the same sound with the same settings but it really has a nice sound, especially the higher mids sound so pleasing.

I don’t think his intention was to built a 100% replica. His intention was to built a very good sounding eq. He did it!

3 Likes

I looooove pultec type eq’s. The bass trick where you cut and boost at the same frequency is great at clearing mud while making things sound bigger. Is yours tube or solid state for the make up gain? What brand is it? And someone said it’s cheaper than the Warm Audio one’s?

Just read the former posts! The eq uses 2 tubes afaik, i haven’t opened it yet. The warm audio eq has more frequencies settings but is mono.

Awww, wow. That’s a fantastic looking piece of kit there.

I sure would love to hear some Dub Techno produced with this. Some A/B testing of this on individual instruments as well as groups and on the master. Monoman, do you take requests? Ha. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: