YES a real analog Compressor, but which one? Drawmer? Elysia?

Thanks again Damian for your feedback after some research and your feedback i bought the elyria xpressor. do you use also a anlog eq? if yes which one you recommend and why?

Great! Hope you enjoy your Xpressor.

I have an XFilter from Elysia too. I didn’t do a lot of research before buying it: after choosing my compressor, I wanted something coherent with it : clean, linked stereo, versatile, etc. Since I was happy with the XPR, I take the corresponding EQ in the Elysia line. It’s a rather transparent EQ, with some nice tricks (filter with resonance, passive high-boost - I love this one).

Depending on what you are after, there is maybe better options: for instance, Pultec style EQs if you want something more of a frequency shaper (I’ve seen someone on this forum happy with such kind of EQ) or API stuffs. Analog Heat have also some decent EQ capabilities (far less precise of course, only two basic controls), and good filters (very good in the low, less spectacular in high register compared to the xfilter in my opinion), so it might be a bit of a duplication depending on your setup.

Overall I’m very happy with it, sounds excellent and works well with xpressor. Perhaps, I will buy later a stere pultec eq to complement my setup.

Hope it helps!

perfekt… i just bought the elysia xPressor and xFilter… and it is awesome…
now i am looking to have something with more color in my setup.

do you know any Stereo Pultec Style EQ?

Have you considered the Analog Heat?

1 Like

Good point : that’s exactly why I bought it… you can use broad curve with Elysia and introduce distortion/harmonics with Analog Heat.

Not really (have heard several, but not really used one long enough). There is a also thread in this forum : I couldn't resist after selling all my UAD plugins

Ha… i have it… but i forgot it…!
since all the trouble with Overbridge i wasn’t using it…
so now i just integrated it again in my chain…

super sweet sound together with the elysia’s!

do you put elysia before or after AH?

When I put AH in the chain, I’m using it in both position, depend really of the sound.
Since you have quite a lot of controls on AH, you can really put it after and “finish” the sound on it with EQ/FILTER.

1 Like

I have a Overstayer Stereo VCA compressor

Really good!!!

3 Likes

finally i bought the elysia Xpressor and Xfilter.
I use it mostly in this order:

1. Xfilter
  2. Xpressor
  3. Analog Heat – Clean Boost and sometimes the EQ

this sounds awesome on a Drumbuss

7 Likes

thanks for the Tip for the Symetrix 522 Valley People Compressor …
i just bought one today on eBay for 175 Eur… i will let you know when it will arrive
and how does it sound

1 Like

Hum i have the same configuration elysia and heat but i use x pressor and xfilter the heat is being the Ar or Other instrument today i try to use it with the alt out 3and4 to my macky 1202 .

Maybe i try to finish the mix with the heat like you.

1 Like

Awesome Man you made it… you got the Elysia couple plus the Symetrix and AH. :ecstatic:

Thanks also for the post im saving now for my first Elysia Rack

Congrats.

1 Like

Thanks everybody for the great tips here in my thread!

:kissing_heart:

now i have a serios problem! i need more :wink:
it would be more comfortable to have 2-3 of the elyria’s hardware.
also i am thinking about to get the Tegeler EQP-1

and at the end – AH is the killer to color the sound.

https://www.tegeler-audio-manufaktur.de/classic_equalizer_eqp_1_passive_tube_equalizer

1 Like

What do you think to use the elysia karacter ?

It’s great. I am an Elysia fan, and I’ve done some work for them, but they really get the idea of using studio gear in electronic music.

I did a series of videos of Elektron + Elysia 500:

5 Likes

Oh nice i check you video karakter sound nice for the coloration and loundness .
Thx you

hmmmm… i need to have it… to complete the bundle :slight_smile:

1 Like

“HOT SHIT!”
if you bought one of the elysia’s – you want them all!

1 Like