I cant connect my device to overbridge Digitakt

Does anyone get a message when you try to rune the Overbridge control panel that says that the device cannot be read? Make sure the device is in overdrive mode, and to allow the driver to have access to run according to my system preferences. i’ve done all these things and still can get no connection even when i put my digitakt in overbridge mode.

has anyone else run in to this?

4 Likes

Have you updated your Digi to the latest version of firmware? If not, you can download it here and do that with Elektron Transfer via usb.

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/overbridge-2-0-11-public-beta-plugins-drivers-and-firmware/80284

1 Like

Alright i got it to work, so it turns out if you’re running a newer version of Mac OSX you have to give the driver permission to run. so after you instal go to systems preferences, privacy and security. there’ll be an option to allow the software to run, click yes. this must be done within the first 30 minutes of installing the software. i did an uninstall, and then re installed and did this and am now connected to control panel.

6 Likes

i have the same problem, same image as you posted, no overbridge device connected. i added it to the security clearance like you suggested, but still cant get it to connect

1 Like

same here with windows7pro , very disappointing … new firmware , overbridge mode , etc
no responce …reinstall … again and again …
digitakt and analog four mk1 nothing ???
even Update 2.0.11.2
Only for windows 10 …this is really very disappointing …

About getting it to run on Win7:

Additional tips for newcomers (not for you, but for other readers):

1 Like

thank you @ tnussb !!! it worked !!!
you are a saint :wink:

1 Like

Looking at the manual that’s only for High Sierra. For Mojave (10.14.5), I see no trace of that… Nor is there any trace of a proper connection with Overbridge.

I just updated my Digitakt and Overbridge and can’t connect now to the Overbridge. At the same time, the connection to the Transfer is wonderful, and in the case of the Overbridge the program just does not see my Digitakt.

Manipulations with a change in the USB configuration did not help.

Help solve this problem.

Same problem here, updated to new Overbridge and cant connect anymore

I should never have upgraded. Everything was working fine but OB Engine is like HEY! There’s a new version! Then I waste hours and now can’t even use it within my setup.

El Capitan
Digitakt 1.11 / USB Config > Overbridge: enabled
OB 2.0.25.4_Beta

And like an idiot I didn’t think to write down the version that was already installed and working in case I needed to roll back. Lesson learned I guess. As a user I shouldn’t have to learn this lesson, though.

1 Like

Im trying to connect an Analog heat with a 10.14.5 system, no sucess, everythign updated, security allowed (selected the programs in the Elektron folder, are there other progs to be selected??).
Dont know what it is with the 30 mins thing though Sakasal, maybe i have to uninstall

Same Problem

Digitakt
MAC 10.12

Crap, me also…
Updated and now it´s not working.
The old one worked fine.

Mac 10.12.6
Digitakt 1.11

The Digitakt appears in the transfer app and in Live when in usb and not overbridge mode.

Is there any solution to this?
Will Elektron fix this, or are my x-mas jam plans shot to hell?

And similar for me…

A bit of a newbie on the topic but I am facing the same problem.

I am running Windows. Tested both in windows 7 pro 64-bit Sp1 and 10 Home 64-bit.

Firmware on digitakt is 1.11.

With Digitakt USB in Oberbridge ‘mode’ - not connecting with Overbridge 1.15.0

With Digitakt USB in Midi ‘mode’ - It seem to connect with Transfer 1.1.0 Win

I have restarted computer and re-installed software several times without any success so far.
A solution would be most appreciated! :slight_smile:

Hi, I ended up just uninstalling 2.0.30 and re-installing 2.0.16. And that seems to be working just fine again.

Guys, I’m new at this; trying it for the first time with my digitakt.

Overbridge doesn’t recognize my device.
I have:
Mac OSX 10.12.6 (Sierra)
Digitakt OS 1.11
Overbridge 2.0.30.3_Beta

I installed overbridge
Have digitakt in ‘overbridge’ mode in the settings
connected via USB

And it doesnt recognize it. also, no alert or pop up visible in system prefs / security&privacy

Please, can anyone help?

You need the latest version of the overbridge 2 beta. Overbridge 1 was never compatible with the digitakt.

1 Like

ok so switching back to 2.0.24 worked for me. it seems to be something with the 2.0.30

Installing 2.0.24.11 did the trick for me as well!!

Thanks a lot for sharing :smiley: