DIGITAKT not connecting to computer

Best thing to do is to use digitakts effects for sketching.

Then when you want to record bounce the individual tracks into your daw and replicate the effects in the box.

Dt effects are good, but i can do much better with what i have in my daw

I got my DT yesterday and I’m having trouble connecting it via USB to any of the provided resource apps on my Macbook pro.

In Audio MIDI setup the box for the DT is grayed out as if it is not connected, anyone body know why?

Im also having trouble updating the firmware to the new beta version to use the new OB, C6 won’t recognize USB and update via midi doesn’t seem to work.

any help with this would be greatly appreciated

I was having the Overbridge Engine Fault error in windows 10 pertaining my Digitakt. This prevented me from using the .vst with my DAW. The status of my Digitakt was Incompatible. At this point my Digitakt was firmware 1.10 and my USB mode was set to Overbridge.

I needed to update my Digitakt firmware to the current beta build found on the Overbridge 2.0 public beta thread. To do this I had to switch my USB mode back to USB MIDI Only, launch Elektron Transfer, select my MIDI In and MIDI out to the Digitakt, connect, and then set my Digitakt to wait for a firmware upgrade. Then I placed the .syx file into Transfer, updating my Digitakt. Then I switched my device back over to Overbridge mode and BOOM it works and is recognized by my version of Overbridge.

This kinda seems like a no-brainer but if you’re like me and missed the part where your Digitakt needed to be a beta build for it to work with Overbridge Engine, then spelling it out step by step might help you.

1 Like

You need to switch the USB settings on the device from Overbridge to MIDI when you want to work with C6.

1 Like

Thank you, @jefones, you saved the day!

But why was this an issue in the first place?

A post was merged into an existing topic: I cant connect my device to overbridge Digitakt

Had also problem where computer (win 10) with elektron transfer, not finding the digitakt usb midi. Digitakt having version 1.11. Tryed another USB port on computer helped this time.

Heey Guys i had the same problem the digitakt 1.11 did not connect with the computer. well it connected but overbridge engine and transfer etc crashed every time i opened the apps with the digitakt plugged in.
Had the digitakt at channel 14 but i changed it to OFF and boom it worked like charm.
thank you for the tip!

Worked for 15 hours now back to no connection and everything freezing up as i plug in the digitakt. any Clues?

not for me :frowning:

Dears, I’ve tried all method what were mentioned before: set auto ch to 14 on Digitakt, and on mac

, opened new project, rebooted mac, etc. Nothing works for me. Digitakt fw: 1.11, Mac version 10.14
Any idea what could work?

Show the port assignment pls

I just got my DT this week, no luck connecting with Transfer. I’ve tried setting my Auto Channel to 14, makes no difference.

• Currently running 1.11 on the DT and 1.1 in Transfer.

• Tried uninstalling, and reinstalling Transfer.

I can’t see my DT in the Audio/MIDI Setup app on Mac OSX.

This is very frustrating. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Is the DT in Overbridge mode? it needs to be in USB MIDI mode for Transfer to work (in Settings->System->USB). It should then show up in Audio MIDI setup, too (obviously if you want to use Overbridge you need to switch it back again)

2 Likes

No, I haven’t used Overbridge yet, and it was not in Overbridge mode as far as I can tell.

There is no USB menu under: Settings > System.

There are only the OS UPGRADE and FORMAT +DRIVE options in that folder.

@Citizen

Are you sure that you’re on 1.11? Can you confirm when starting up the Digitakt that it actually says 1.11 and nothing else?

1 Like

Ah, I worked it out! Sorry, I was looking at the wrong part of the System folder before. :upside_down_face:

All good - transfer is in progress!!! :grinning: Thank you so much for your help! :pray:

(It was set to Overbridge by default, despite me not having used Overbridge yet. Once I switched that, I could see my DT in Transfer)

2 Likes

I initiated an issue ticket to Elektron but never get a solution :frowning: so sad. They build wonderful machines but awfully softwares…

1 Like

Does the transfer app work in Catalina?

figured out my issue. I had to disconnect my other midi interfaces to make it recognize.

1 Like