Hydrasynth from ASM

this same rings are what i thought is brilliant about moog little phatty, it just feels right on synth with patch storage.

1 Like

Regarding the Hydrasynth in Europe – i asked my rep at Sweetwater if they could ship to Europe. Here’s his reply:

currently we aren’t allowed to ship to Europe. But if customers can’t get it in EU at all I can make arrangements to ship. Any and all warranty issues would have to be handled through Sweetwater.

I asked about Australia too, i’m guessing the same would apply. Anyone interested PM me and i’ll give you my rep’s email.

This will clear itself up if you are willing to wait long enough.

PURE SPECULATION

I’ve thought a possibility is the early production runs don’t have enough volume, and this was a decision by ASM, BUT that is pure speculation. My ravings!

2 Likes

Good idea. I have the Arturia CS80 and if the Hydrasynth could be used as a controller it would be a novel idea.

2 Likes

No, it doesn’t.

1 Like

Everyone comparing this synth to the Summit for some reason… Summit is 16 voices, totally different type of synth, etc. People are definitely hyped on this thing, but I’m not really sure why the interface is getting so much love. It’s the weakest part in my opinion, the sound is excellent though.

Just at the moment though, everyone is comparing this synth to the Modal Argon 8 actually. I see you’ve posted there too.

My thought is there’s plenty of room at the party for all of them. The Summit is good, the Hydrasynth is good, and the Argon 8 is good too. All in different ways.

4 Likes

The interface is really intuitive without having a knob per function. Your broad brush strokes are just a click away. Plus the LEDs telling you what the parameters are at a glance, and rotary encoders so you avoid that “pot jumping” thing.

I won’t be buying one any time soon, but it seems pretty badass. I also just like how it looks…Kinda futuristic.

1 Like

We are living in great times … the digital synth-revolution is coming strong

8 Likes

People still in this thread comparing it to the Summit as of a few hours ago, but also on other forums and websites. They just don’t seem comparable to me. 16 voices vs 8, 61 keys vs 49, almost complete knob-per-function vs only a limited number of editable parameters shown at any given time, hybrid architecture with analog filters and analog drive and distortions vs fully digital. Very, very different synths.

I would like to think that there’s room for all of them, but there are only so many people who are into synths and have the income to buy this level of gear. I wonder…

2 Likes

I’m wondering if Elektron is going this way as well (beside Digitone!)

1 Like

Elektron gets to announce their wave-table keyboard synth tomorrow. :smile:

4 Likes

Because this is the way how a revolution starts! Let’s say this reflects an evolution, the cycle of new products - a way more better and innovative than their predecessors from the late eighties and early and mid nineties - the technology has advanced in many ways and make things easier and more accessible now for small companies to develop a new product… I’m thinking on all the eurorack-manufacturers in the world … i regress

back on topic … it seems to become a great synth … end of line :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Pretty sure Perfect Circuit ships to Australia, unless that’s changed recently

1 Like

It also gets down to the agreements between the retailer and the manufacturer or supplier. In most cases there are territories defined so that there’s no bind between various retailers, so that retailers can sell without getting blasted by some overseas distributor. Perfect Circuit (good seller, btw) no doubt has agreements on stuff they sell too – so if interested in buying from them ask.

Sorry to wander to the edge of being off-topic.

1 Like

Total gaff that (sigh).

I guess I’m left rooting for Novation to come through for us on the MPE front. I have to say though, this is possibly the best open-architecture synth design I’ve seen in hardware. The price point is palatable too. I’m seriously pondering whether or not I can live with just poly-aftertouch. Hmm…

Cheers!

:eight_pointed_black_star: 13 posts were split to a new topic: MPE Synth/Controller options. :eight_pointed_black_star:

the desktop version seems pretty tasty to me… some great digital wave sounds and that vocal filter also looks great and easy to use. I wish it has a full sequencer built in but pair it up with a digitakt or something of the sort and deep dive into its really interesting arp and I think you have some super interesting potential. I’m tempted although I think I still prefer my Pro2 for a lot of the stuff this would get me into. I think of all the recent announcements this takes the cake, desktop unit is priced quite well also.

2 Likes

I already own a Peak, which i think has the much better more direct UI.
If i wouldnt have the Peak, the Hydra would definitively be Something i would consider. Nice Synth!

2 Likes

I had a Peak. It’s the only box I’ve ever considered re-purchasing, as I have space for one tabletop device. But one thing that drove me crazy was how the state of the knobs becomes incorrect when you change patches–particularly when there are so many frickin knobs. My MicroFreaks have that button that lets you instantly match the patch’s parameters to the state of the knobs, but I still find the usefulness of that feature limited. Maybe the thing I like best about the Hydrasynth are those LED-indicated encoders. Even if they show only 16 coarse gradations, this feature alone makes me want to try a Hydrasynth instead of going with the Peak again. I’ll probably go with that new Easel, though.

3 Likes

What new eadel?!?:thinking: