Hydrasynth from ASM

Probably cause it was off topic. This thread is about Hydrasynth, not China.

But yeah I agree mods are pretty trigger happy here…

1 Like

Things were descending into a seriously off topic situation, not surprised posts get removed.
I really like the implementation of the OLEDs into Hydrasynth, they add a lot of feedback.
Since Korg added that tiny oscilloscope to the minilogue, I wondered why others didn’t follow suit.

Great stuff.

1 Like

If a post is flagged by several people it automatically gets hidden. No mods intervening to do this necessarily.

6 Likes

Fair enough

Ho ! Looks great i mean really great ! The GUI looks very well made im quite amazed to see something like that (encoders with LED etc). And the price is right IMO. Damn i have no room for another synth really,

Price for the modular is great. PA on the pads is a sweetner.

2 Likes

Im printing Tshirts with this statement on it. Should sell millions.

2 Likes

Okay Mr Batt from Sonic Talk states “Were going into CS80 territory here. Which is considered the holy grail by some”. Which leads to the thought. If most folk want the sound of a CS80. Then why dont they just do one and throw all your other synths in the bin. Stop all this messing around.

Maybe Nick was thinking CS-80 because of the poly aftertouch and the ribbon - metaphorical terms instead of literal ones.

I personally don’t care if it can sound like a CS-80 or not.

1 Like

I plan on getting one when it comes out. Chinese company or not. I love the LED rings around each of the knobs. Its useful when when switching between patches and users want to see how the patch was made.

1 Like

Pretty sure I’ve found my next synth

1 Like

The demos on soundcloud are so nice, it would be so fun to play such a juicy synth. Sounds good in stereo. Loved The Rush.

1 Like

I will be checking it out at Knobcon!!

1 Like

I hope that users might be able to upload wavetables into it, I’d love to get some cool pluck or flute sounds to get a super modernized version of LA synthesis. I’m going to ask if this is part of the plan.

1 Like

I’d love to see comb filters added in the mutator section to get basic physical modeling type sounds.

1 Like

I have no reply for now regarding my email for EU dealer for that synth.
I keep you guys informed when I received :wink:

3 Likes

Whilst keys based mega synths don’t catch my attention much, I can see the appeal of poly aftertouch and a large ribbon - but now I’ve watched a video on the desktop version I must say that it is a really well laid out device/range - like really well considered - I can see why you folks are getting ‘hyped’ :wink: - and I suppose kudos to ASM and those behind this - it’s a well specced instrument and it has a good interface on a number of levels, seems quite innovative - it should be quite something then if it sounds as good as it seems to have been thought through - there’s so much to admire in the inspiring UX, particularly in the smaller pads based device, still not destined for me, but I get the interest now

6 Likes

it’s a fantastic option for an interface where the knobs are shared, and/or need to reflect stored values where the knob positions otherwise wouldn’t. Clavia did an excellent job of this with the Nord 3 way back when. my guess is it’s quite expensive to manufacture too.

honestly, that and Elektron’s screen mirroring the knobs/displaying their values are the best solutions to this interface problem.

6 Likes

Same for me too i agree with you both, nilsec and chiasticon.

Foggy headed at first i thought LED-rings lacked preciseness (there are 15 LEDs), but at the same time you also have the same data precisely displayed numerically on the screens, so the LED-rings show you the complete status at a glance, and the screen lets you go to a deeper level of detail if you need it.

Once i’ve lived with this synth for a while i imagine the LED-rings will let me intuit a status quickly. Plus they work for whatever you’re set to – i can see in performance the LED-rings working well with the macros, especially in that you can define your own label.

Nice feature. Small things like this matter.

LED-ring

4 Likes

My buddy has had his eye on a novation summit and I told him to take a look at this thing… Cheaper, has a desktop version (plus for him), and he doesn’t have any wavetable synths neither.

I don’t know why I’m rooting for this synth I barely know anything about from a company I’ve never heard of haha. But I just think it’s cool

2 Likes