Hydrasynth from ASM

Yes. I’d rather use an only midi template. I didn’t see a Local Off mode for knobs and buttons…

Dedicated patches could be recalled with PChanges.

Here are available CCs, there are complementary NRPN.

MIDI NRPN & CC :
Hydrasynth_KB_DR_MIDI_Spec_1.5.0.pdf (893.6 KB)

1 Like

Not sure if it is possible, but there are pre-defined names to name macros quickly. Not exhaustive.

1 Like

Thanks,
I’m writing to support. Who knows ?

1 Like

Great, Thanks.
To be honest, I was tempted by the Explorer, and really wanted to get a set of PolyAT keys. But I don’t have room for more than the Desktop. I measured available space, and it the latter fits perfectly, so I’m taking that as a sign :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unless you’re a keyboard player, I think the pads on the Desktop version will be a pleasant surprise. I setting it to play in a certain key and in octave/row-mode works great for improvised jams. And you can change the settings of the pads to be more to your liking (ie. change the velocity, aftertouch curve etc.) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m loving the pads on the desktop version. I have it synced up with ableton and jam in melodies over tracks to record live and can also use as a controller for plugins in live.

1 Like

Is there a Local Off to use it with other tracks in Live, or, in my case Hapax?
I saw the post about using it as a general midi controller, but don’t need the knobs, just the pads for playing and recording notes into Hapax

Yes pretty sure there is

2 Likes

There is for the keyboard on Explorer, but I didn’t find a way to disable knobs / buttons internal action. (Would be interesting in midi controller configuration, controlling external stuff without changing internal parameters).

1 Like

That’s actually perfect for me as I want to play the keys to control other synths, while being able to control the timbres of the Hydrasynth, while it is being played by my Hapax. If that makes sense

1 Like

I’ve got a response from ASM support. Not a surprise at all, but Sysex control of Macro names is not planned.

2 Likes

Keyboard and Desktop manual :

1 Like

I really love them, especially since I don’t think in keys, modes or scales and use the chromatic scale. I’d prefer all my keyboards that way :wink:

Of course Lumatone would be even more perfect for me, but I don’t have that kind of money :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Being colourblind I find the Lumatone absolutely terrifying and incomprehensible!

2 Likes

I get that, actually for me it’s more about the layout than the colours. I even deactivated the colours/LEDs on my Hydrasynth Pads …

1 Like

Oh yes the Lumatone layout, not for me either. I don’t mind the HS pad colours though I don’t pay much attention to them. For the purposes of storing which pads I’ve been playing in the preset name I’ve mentally labelled them 1-8, I-P and Q-X

1 Like

Most demos I’ve seen on YT of this synth seem to be trying to get “bread and butter” sounds out it, which IMO that doesn’t seem like the point of this machine. I want metallic, alien, spectral sounds - can it do that?

2 Likes

It doesn’t really do pure FM clangour and mayhem. It doesn’t do proper analog filter conemelt. The RingMod is not the proper alien ring mod of a moogerfooger.

Apart from that it’s fine. The last thing I posted went down like a lead balloon, bread and butter sounds are not my strong point, even if I might secretly wish them to be. At about 1.48 and 3.14 the timbral change is scanning through the wavetables:

2 Likes

On HS FM from Tips an Tricks thread.

2 Likes

Thank you. Also excited to see separate Rx and Tx channels :tada:

1 Like