Hydrasynth from ASM

Just finished Voice Mod video, great addition.

I had been looking at the ASM site too thinking itā€™s been a while.

This is one of those releases that can help people trying to decide, to push the buy button. Big number changes are always nice.

4 Likes

Sparked indeed!!

That quantized envelope is INSANE! In fact, Iā€™m going to create a little window comparator module for my modular series for doing exactly that in analog.

2 Likes

Just this morning, before the release, my friend texted me Ā« Hydrasynth or Take 5 Ā». Lol

2 Likes

Yep, the Patch introduced at 5:38 is very nice!

1 Like

Noted, they have the sheet music for the 64 Hydrasynth phrases, at the end of the Addendum and new Manual.

2 Likes

:heart_eyes:
Gonna be nasty with Bit Reduction and quantize ! Probably too gamy ! :content:

An usable vibrato ! This free an lfo for me, I couldnā€™t use it as is.

Yeah, the manual !

1 Like

Me too. Digitakt and Machinedrum X. So much things to experiment for months/years ! Perfect to tame GAS. Such updates are like having new gear! :content:

2 Likes

Glissando with Custom Scale, and GlideTime ( destination ) hooked to something like the Expression Pedal.

The Osmose system using relative pressure on the notes at either end is patented, but this works well enough instead.

ADDED : What about using aftertouch to change glide time. Got to experiment.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t read the latest manualā€¦but a feature that Iā€™d like to see is a mod of randomize. Right now you RND all or RND selections. It would be nice to see the ability to drop parameters from ALL.
So you can start removing stuff from RND, example: Iā€™d remove the amp values from RND but let it do the rest.

If that is already an option flag this, have it removed.

2 Likes

To be fair though, Oxi One is dropping FW updates like every 3-4 days though! :astonished:ā€¦ Pretty damn outsanding support!

2 Likes

Just sat through the 40+ mins of videos. Thereā€™s some really exciting sound crafting improvements here. Voice mods and Quantize top my list. Hydrasynth was already a central component of my sound explorations but these improvements make it even more compelling!

1 Like

It seems like glissandi obey the Voice Scale so you can do nonchromatic versions like glissing around with the blues scale :slight_smile:

1 Like

It does and in key of course.

Have experimented some with glissando on micro tuning scales as well but iā€™m not yet completely clear on what is happening.

Also significant is that Glide Curve affects the glissando.

I absolutely love the phrase ā€œglissing aroundā€!!

Iā€™m going to use it anytime someone asks me what Iā€™m doing.

1 Like

I was surprised when I came across Glissando glide on the Blofeld that there werenā€™t that many synths with it.

I could understand analog stuff wanting portamento but digitally controlled ones itā€™s mostly taking the portamento and rounding.

ā€œsliding aroundā€ also works

1 Like

Slip slidinā€™ away. :smiley:

2 Likes

Connubial gliss

2 Likes

This is a small thing but i like that the bit reduction with oscillators, and the quantize with the LFO and the Envelopes, shows the resulting shapes on the screen.

ALSO : The Quantize on the LFO is applied after the Smooth function, useful to get more shapes.

1 Like