Hydrasynth from ASM

Yes pretty sure there is

2 Likes

There is for the keyboard on Explorer, but I didn’t find a way to disable knobs / buttons internal action. (Would be interesting in midi controller configuration, controlling external stuff without changing internal parameters).

1 Like

That’s actually perfect for me as I want to play the keys to control other synths, while being able to control the timbres of the Hydrasynth, while it is being played by my Hapax. If that makes sense

1 Like

I’ve got a response from ASM support. Not a surprise at all, but Sysex control of Macro names is not planned.

2 Likes

Keyboard and Desktop manual :

1 Like

I really love them, especially since I don’t think in keys, modes or scales and use the chromatic scale. I’d prefer all my keyboards that way :wink:

Of course Lumatone would be even more perfect for me, but I don’t have that kind of money :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Being colourblind I find the Lumatone absolutely terrifying and incomprehensible!

2 Likes

I get that, actually for me it’s more about the layout than the colours. I even deactivated the colours/LEDs on my Hydrasynth Pads …

1 Like

Oh yes the Lumatone layout, not for me either. I don’t mind the HS pad colours though I don’t pay much attention to them. For the purposes of storing which pads I’ve been playing in the preset name I’ve mentally labelled them 1-8, I-P and Q-X

1 Like

Most demos I’ve seen on YT of this synth seem to be trying to get “bread and butter” sounds out it, which IMO that doesn’t seem like the point of this machine. I want metallic, alien, spectral sounds - can it do that?

2 Likes

It doesn’t really do pure FM clangour and mayhem. It doesn’t do proper analog filter conemelt. The RingMod is not the proper alien ring mod of a moogerfooger.

Apart from that it’s fine. The last thing I posted went down like a lead balloon, bread and butter sounds are not my strong point, even if I might secretly wish them to be. At about 1.48 and 3.14 the timbral change is scanning through the wavetables:

2 Likes

On HS FM from Tips an Tricks thread.

2 Likes

Thank you. Also excited to see separate Rx and Tx channels :tada:

1 Like

Not true.

Go to page #2 of System Setup, and press button #8, where you can receive ( and send ) Scala files.

The thing about this is you have 32 microtonal scales, so you need to pick which 32 you have, but you can have any 32 you want.

This is a Hydrasynth after all.

you callin‘ me a liar, but i just suck at english grammar :wink: i‘ve edited my post.

2 Likes

check

:wink:

13 Likes

Ah-ha. My error then.

Your grammar is very good, and i now see i should have picked up on the contradiction. This might also be a regional English thing.

There had also been a different confusion upthread on the way microtonal scales work on the HS.

1 Like

Not only can it do that, you’ll usually need to be conservative in sound design to make it not do that because usually wild sounds are a random button press away.

2 Likes

back in the hydrasynth game!

6 Likes