Hydrasynth from ASM

I absolutely LOVE the pads. Mentioned this before of course. I would hate to see them removed from the current Desktop.

However, that tiny Explorer Desktop mockup above would be amazing as a new product!!!

3 Likes

Ha, this would ruin everything that makes the HS such a joy to patch with :laughing:

But it would be an excellent expander, or gig machine loaded with presets created on a bigger one.

2 Likes

True, and it would still be fun for jamming on macros.

1 Like

Yeah the original post was in fun. This sort of thing wouldn’t be for sound design. But if you click back to the original post you’ll see how i folded the Module Select Buttons into the Master Controls. So you can get around still.

About 120 days. I ordered the day of the reveal, sometimes you just know a synth is for you. It took me a couple hours to decide between the HSK and the HSD. Oh – and i started this thread.

ADDED : Two weeks later. I’ve refreshed my memory on this. As i recall, there was extra time given by ASM to get the market channels setup, but first units were set to be sold in October, after a September announcement. But they had a manufacturing issue, the heavy metal base plates arrived warped, they fired that supplier, and got another supplier started up, which took extra time.

3 Likes

Bring on Hydra-M for Mini Module! Wanted a Hydra synth looking at budget options like the Explorer but not liking the loss of audio in and 4 knobs.

That would actually be pretty sick. A rack mount size or DN size with the screens and knobs…sound module.

1 Like

Ya this! :+1:t6::+1:t6::+1:t6:

Oh man you gotta send that to them. It’s hot!

2 Likes

You are right about the vibrato, but it is just a waste that you have to use a mod slot to have subtle vibrato if there is a dedicated parameter for vibrato.

What I mean with knob jitter: it randomly sends its current knob position to the synth engine. So the parameter jumps without touching the knob.

It seems to be a combination of environment and the synth itself, as some people do suffer this and others don’t. I tried 4 different units, but they all had the same issue. I think they should fix it by changing the knob movement buffer, but ASM seems to be reluctant to do that, since I am pretty much the only one complaining and have actually tested it on multiple units. I guess some people just don’t really care. You can leave the knob at noon and just use the parameter in the filter menu. Or you can set the knob mode to Catch, which will also eliminate the issue.

1 Like

Ah, ok, none of mine have had this knob behavior, but then my studio is pretty moderate temp, very low humidity, etc. Electrical is pretty good in there too. Strange.

I don’t use catch mode either.

That would drive me absolutely nuts. Sorry to hear you’re having this problem.

Can you describe your test steps? I’ve tried to replicate based on what I read in your post with no issue, but I could def be misunderstanding what you’re doing.

1. Initialize the patch

2. Dial the dedicated LFO>Filter knob to about 50.

3. Initialize the patch again

4. Wait and see if the parameter of LFO>Filter amount has changed back to about 50 after a while (without touching it obviously)

Edit: you can skip step 1 of course

1 Like

I just cycled back to your original comment and noticed that you are talking about the dedicated LFO>Filter knob, which my desktop does not have. Sorry I can’t help test!

1 Like

Thanks anyway.

I only heard of regular KB owners having the same issue btw. No deluxe

Who sends LFO to filter anyway? :wink:

2 Likes

Is it possible to assign external midi in notes and CCs to CV/Gate output ?
Is it possible to do it on 1 channel, and use another channel to sequence Hydrasynth ?

I’d like to sequence a CV/GATE x0x Heart and Hydrasynth with OT, from 2 independent midi tracks.

I had a wonderful time playing the Hydrasynth Explorer at Elevator Sound today. It truly did feel like exploring sound. The effects are so nice.

4 Likes

Exactly the same for me. The filter and drive are magnificent (and that was just whatever was loaded on the Vangelis like patch I was trying, so there are other models too) and the Cloud Reverb was absolutely delicious. That’s why it’s gonna be my next synth for sure!

2 Likes

Up.
Technically possible to handle 2 midi channels?