HW DEALS : Hardware on Sale [no private listings]

Yes. They are excellent and surprisingly, they cover quite a large range of reverb types/flavors as well. Is it the best reverb collection I’ve ever heard? Far from it, but it’s a pretty stellar collection of the Line 6 algorithms, and as far as I know, these are the same reverbs (though not as many) as are in their flagship box Helix.

Edit: Reverbs that I consider to be better include Eventide, Empress, and 1978.

2 Likes

Interesting. MPC TWO coming in. Given the platform(s) and how much of it is software dependent, I’d be surprised about an mk2, but hey - the Live got a revision, so who knows?

I saw the link somewhere on mpc-forums.

There was an FCC registration somewhere. I knew someone who had the MPC 3500/5000 a year and a half before the 5000 released. Everyone thought he was crazy. Then it released. I believe the specs were stripped down on sampling memory and the VA synth had half the polyphony. The crazy thing was he deleted his name off the forums I went to and no one ever saw him again.

Wait till April then. If you have to have an MPC One then get one now if you can wait then NAMM in April.

1 Like

TheKikGen seems to think it’s a confirmed new device coming…

1 Like

I had one for a while. It gave me some good ideas, but ultimately was not the right device for me. I’m curious to see what could be different in a mk2, though.

4 Likes

I worry I might be in the same boat… it will definitely keep the workflow constant, and with the 61 keys that Akai just released, you know they are going to keep the same form factor as well, or they would have debuted it with the keys…

It’s not often that Musician’s Friend’s Stupid Deal of the Day is a Moog product. But today it is. You can grab the all black version of the Grandmother for $849 :+1:

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid?icid=210190

7 Likes

From what I’ve heard it’s not just the MPC one MKII coming, But 3 new MPC’s. These are the XL (an update of the X), The MPC One MKII, and the Live Mini, which will be the smallest, most portable MPC yet. All will have built in Wi-Fi and run on MPC 3.0.

Edit: This is all speculation and has drawn from speculative but well-informed videos from YouTuber SampleKings, who is a gear head and MPC fanatic.

4 Likes

Live Mini will probably have Ableton Note

2 Likes

All three models are pretty much confirmed by an insider from Akai, who couldn’t say too much, but SampleKings believes that we may see all three of these teased in March about a month before NAMM. More memory, more connectivity, Wi-Fi, and who knows what else.

Edit: I’m sorry for derailing the thread just wanted to make sure folks know what is probably coming soon. Carry on.

3 Likes

don’t really need wifi on MPC One (would be nice i guess but not essential); same with more memory (i don’t do everything in MPC so rarely pushing the CPU even close to breaking a sweat). would definitely buy a MK2 if they added disk streaming from the Force

An mpc one mkII would be about the most boring thing akai could release. Hope it is something else.

Idunno, if it had more outputs I’d upgrade instantly. I know the Live has them but I hate the form factor.

2 Likes

I think akai really kind of missed the mark on the form factors. The live has the battery and the speaker but is big with regular size pads and all the connections for hooking everything up in the studio while the one is smaller with not as many connections and smaller pads but has no battery or speaker.

I think the idea of having 3 different form factors make sense (i.e. small and portable, regular for use in studio, and big for studio centerpiece), but they need to just commit to what they are and not have features from one creep into the other. Right now the features/size/etc. on the one and live make no sense. I mean, what is next, the MPC XL with a battery?

So yeah, I guess the one with more outputs would make sense as long as they increased the pad size too and didn’t add any portability stuff to it. But then they would have to shrink down the live with less connectivity and smaller pads.

5 Likes

It’s likely time for an MPC thread? Or the MPC is the alluded chicken after the Egg?

9 Likes

We have moved from extended discussion of a discontinued product to one that has not even been announced yet and is definitely not on sale. But that is mostly because so little is actually on sale these days…!

8 Likes

In fairness the MPC One is on sale, which then led to extended conversion.

1 Like

Sweetwater ( and others ) have a big sale on the Nord Stage 3. $1100 off the 88 key, $1000 off the HP76, and $700 off the 73 key versions !!!

This is because Nord is about to announce the Stage 4. See this post. Good place for more discussion.

This is not permission to post about Nord keyboards ! Please stay on-topic.

3 Likes

Very true.

I would be cool with the convention of keeping this thread for deal links and little else. It’s hard to manage the micro dopamine comedowns I experience when I see 10 unread posts in here and there are zero deals when I open it.

8 Likes

There is a lot of gear on sale !

Moog has rolled back the price of their Mavis, by $50. It’s now $300 in the US. ( Sweetwater link. )

Neat little add on semi-modular, real bang for the buck.

This is not permission to go off-topic. Here is the Mavis thread.

This sale likely continues through the end of this year.

5 Likes