HW DEALS : Hardware on Sale [no private listings]

Random question.
I bet there are headphones that are best suited to plugging straight into an M1 earphone socket?

1 Like

The M1 can power high and low impedance headphones without a cloud lifter or whatever the amp is called.

You are good to go

1 Like

US: Been wanting to pick up an iPad Air for a minute, and I’ve heard that Apple’s got some serious supply chain issues on the horizon, so I started looking a little harder recently. Yesterday I saw that Best Buy is knocking $100 off of the Airs right now:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ipad/ipad-air/pcmcat361600050004.c?id=pcmcat361600050004

I didn’t do an exhaustive search, but:

• it doesn’t appear to be all of the iPad lines
  • it does appear to be all of the Airs

PWM Malevolent is $100 off at most US retailers.

6 Likes

F#.kin hell! I DO NOT want to spend $500 right now.

I have been talking myself out of this over and over! I already have a Grandmother and an Analog Heat… plus the Prophet 6 which all do savage sounds…

I also DO NOT need another monosynth… I have the Mother32 which I hardly have time to play…

Not to encourage your purchasing, but from what I’ve heard of Malevolent I don’t think those synths can approach this level of savagery. This synth sounds like MS-20 and Polivoks territory and beyond.

3 Likes

I KNOW!!! Jeez… I can also get affirm to finance it for 3 months… 0%.

The Prophet can get savage, but I know its dialed in… meanwhile the Malevolent is bloodthirsty baked to its core…

heres an example of the P6… its just to voice memo though…

3 Likes

That sounds awesome (and I love the P6). But Malevolent breaks apart in a way that only synths like it and MS-20/Polivoks can. Like the P6 is a wall of sound, Malevolent sounds like wall is crumbling down. Sounds awesome here (does a good job with Lorn cover in the beginning)

11 Likes

Same here. I was weak. I hope it’ll be waaaay better than my trusty tiny Abacus C-Box 3, 'cause I love 'em.

2 Likes

That’s a beautiful analogy and just cost me $499.

I’ve wanted it too long. Why compromise now?

Great video. Btw. I own a Maschine as well and it seems like too many coincidences plus your wonderful advice is making this the right time.

Plus. It’s a monster.

1 Like

I can’t imagine you’ll be disappointed! Especially since it’s not at all like your other two synths. And always nice to get a good deal.

1 Like

I also love the laser set up so you can very accurately find the correct position to be listening in too. A very handy thing!

1 Like

You are so right. Thank you for the encouragement.

I was lusting for this since Jack from Andertons demoed it. I even did a beat challenge based on it. I never fleshed it out but this is what I started with.

1 Like

Wow, that was awesome.

1 Like

Does anyone know what the deal is with Thomann USA? Right now on their site I see Akai MPC Live 2 listed for $900, and the MPC X listed for $1,499, which seem like insane deals, even factoring in $50 added for shipping. The Live 2 on Sweetwater and other places is listed at $1299. What’s the catch?

1 Like

The only “catch” is that you’ll probably (but not always it seems) have to pay an import tax for anything declared over $800 shipped to the US. Still Thomann and JunoUK are the best way to go for a lot of gear, especially European brands like Waldorf, Vermona, Soma, Nord etc, and some Japanese ones as well.

5 Likes

Thomann is uber legit, biggest retailer in Germany, most reliable one also and the best customer service on top.

You should email/call them and check re import duties, if it all sounds good go for it, they are very good.

5 Likes

It’s also often the case that Thomann are not allowed to sell specific brands in the US (Neumann, for one).

3 Likes

Usually anything by the Big Three (Korg/Roland/Yamaha) has gelocking where you are only supposed to be able to purchase with a local retailer.

Thomann’s prices do not include duties and will ship from Germany so factor that in to the final cost.

Yup. Pretty sure that when I tried to do this a couple months ago, Akai is one of the brands Thomann will not actually sell to the USA.

1 Like