HW DEALS : Hardware on Sale [no private listings]

Here’s a last question (which I hope isn’t OT): Did you choose free shipping or spend the money for insurance and a tracking number? I’ve tended not to use free shipping but wished I could.

I think Detroit Modular sent the Matriarch to me by free shipping. It arrived in perfect condition.

Of course I was working from home when it arrived, so I had no worries about it sitting on my porch for the taking for half a day or anything.

A Detroit Modular guy called me up to make sure I was ordering direct from the site and not Reverb.com, because he wanted me to get the proper rewards points. They don’t give rewards points for purchases through Reverb apparently. Also, he wanted to make sure I understood the when I could expect it to arrive, but he did so in a friendly manner.

4 Likes

I’ve always (that is, since January, when I started doing this) gotten a tracking number with free shipping for synth stuff within the US. And the one time a package disappeared, I had the seller file a claim with the shipper (UPS, I think) and it went through in short order and they sent replacements. Who is making you choose?

2 Likes

So frustrating! They have plenty of Korg, Waldorf and Novation synths listed, but none ever in stock. Why yes, I would LOVE an Iridium for 1875… oh dang… what about a Peak… Not even the EHX Graphic Fuzz EQ.

To answer another user’s question, I’ve had good experiences ordering from Prymaxe WHEN THEY HAVE STUFF IN STOCK

2 Likes

Sorry! I’ve never dealt with them.

The manic gas production thread

2 Likes

I appreciate your input, plragde. However, it sounds as though you’re making a general observation about free shipping. We’re talking specifically about Detroit Modular, who are notoriously bad at communication and, in the case of individuals I’ve reached on the phone, even knowing the status of an order. There’s also no mention in their FAQ of which service they use for free shipping.

However, GovernorSilver did mention having no problems, and that’s great.

With a fair number of other vendors, I wouldn’t worry about it. But with DM, I was in the dark about the progress of the three things I ordered even with a promised tracking number. Hence my question.

But thanks.

I ordered twice from Detroit Modular. Free shipping both times, tracking numbers, fast. I believe they used USPS (for me, a bonus). I did have an issue with their website which won’t take a billing address different from the shipping address.

I also had an issue with them not crediting points for the first purchase. I wrote them an email when I got the points summary after my second purchase. In about a week I had a reply that my first purchase was credited. My sense is that they’re operating on a shoestring but they mean well.

I hate phones so have not attempted to call them or anyone else, really. Sweetwater keeps calling me. I let it go to voicemail and send a text or email if I want to follow up, which usually I don’t.

1 Like

Re Primaxe and those out-of-stock Korgs:

I PM’d them about their LABOR25 code not working with the Moog stuff and gave them my email address. Here’s what I expect to happen based on my experience with them:

A salesperson will get back to me and (1) offer a price quote that reflects the amount after the 25% off coupon code or (2) will tell me that their coupon code doesn’t work with Moog.

From what I’ve seen, the answer is more likely to be (1) and the response could happen after Labor Day weekend, when more people at that site return to work.

If they do end up giving me that quote and I do buy the Moog items from Prymaxe, I’ll be prepared to wait and wait for a restock. I’ll have to have decided the wait is worth it. Right now, I’m not sure.

Vidami Video Looper pedals 15% off.

These are typically marketed towards guitar players who want learn licks, riffs, etc. off of Youtube. They work very well for this purpose.

However I’ve also found my Vidami useful for tutorials on synthesis, database design, deploying Angular apps to AWS, etc.

3 Likes

WHO CREATED THIS THREAD :joy::joy::joy:

Model:Samples $249 at Patchwerks and probably 10% off of that…

Y’all cold :metal:t4:

4 Likes

Nope - no 10% off that.

YOU cold for suggesting that might work. I had to try it! :laughing::pray:

1 Like

And sadly that deal doesn’t appear to be happening in any UK stores…

1 Like

This is hardly unique to Prymaxe though. From big shops like Sweetwater and Musician’s Friend to little guys like Control and Midwest Modular, everyone lists products that are out of stock. Some are certainly better than others at indicating what’s actually in stock and what’s not, especially when looking at a list of products within a specific category.

2 Likes

Did anyone get the Detroit Modular coupon to work?

I did not, and I tried calling several random times across the whole weekend and never got an answer.

Worked for me (think they were closed Sun/Mon)

1 Like

I don’t think DM is open on the weekends.

didn’t work for me, sent an message.

they haven’t gotten back to me yet

they still haven’t responded to my email

You have to call Detroit Modular with your phone if you want to talk to them, as established in the discussion upthread

1 Like