How to use Basstom output on my distortion pedal instead of the bassdrum?

I’ve searched the forums and didn’t find an answer so hopefully you guys can help me , The individual outputs on the rytm we all know and for the first one it’s the BASSDRUM and BASSTOM together, track 1 and 5 to be more specific

when I connect this input to my distortion pedal and then to my audio interface it only distorts the bassdrum and not the basstom which is the one I want to distort, and only that one.

Is there a way to do this ? I don’t have a mixer yet only a mtrack quad audio interface that I rout my main outputs into and then the distortion output from the bd bt input

any help would be appreciated : )

I found the answer, saw on the back that the top inputs were the tip and the lower ones the ring so just pulling back my cable a little bit back worked !

2 Likes

you need a cable like this https://www.thomann.de/gb/cordial_cfy_15_vpp.htm

1 Like

I thought I did too but I used a normal mono cable and by pulling it a little bit back it used the basstom sound instead of the bassdrum sound , on the back it says that the top sounds are when the cable is fully plugged and for the bottom sounds of that output it has to be plugged in to the ring of the jack only

happy that i got it to work like that : ) ofc if I want both sounds I need the cable you recommended but I only needed it for the basstom , thanks for the answer though my man ! : D

this only works for as long as no movement happens. imagine you’re hammering like hell on the pads, or you do a live jam and you are in a stressed situation - its easy to accidently bump the machine. putting the cable back is not a good solution. the moment it wiggles, your sound is lost and you get click or hum noises that can damage your speakers if they are too loud. also probably not the best for the internal connectors if the cable always “scratches” a little.

a splitter cable like @denoise mentioned is the right and proper solution!

owww damn, didn’t even think about those possibilities

thank you so much for how helpful you guys have been :smiley: it’s really been a joy to play around with my elektron gear

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Analog Keys + Analog Rytm MIDI sync?