Analog Keys + Analog Rytm MIDI sync?

this is a random question not relating to the topic but you seem to know your way around these things, I’ve got the rythm and AK and to play them together I was wondering should I just connect them with midi cable to each other ? Any advice on which one to use as a master or slave etc ?

thanks a lot and sorry if im going off topic

MIDI cable should be just fine. Both have identical sequencer features so the only thing you have to decide is: on which one do you work primarily. this would be the machine you would primarily hit start/stop - and therefore this would be the machine that should be the master :wink:

allright thanks so much for your help man : D I’ve fiddled around with it and already found out that I have to disable some midi sync parameters so they don’t mute each other etc

having a lot of fun making techno on the rythm and now trying to incorporate the analog keys in to my music as well but it’s pretty hard tbh to find inspiration on what I can do with the AK to add to the rythm

basslines and pads and atmospheric noise are the only things I have in mind at the moment

https://soundcloud.com/henrik199414/rythm-first-song-euj/s-qS98X , that’s the first song I made with my rythm, I’m sure some pads etc from the ak would really add to the track

and tbf I know the track is really really basic but I was really focusing on synthesising my sounds and making them myself from scratch, really proud with how the kick etc turned out :smiley:

can i make the song mode so that it changes patterns for the two devices at the same time and if i want to individually ? say on the rythm I want pattern 2 to start but I want the ak to stay on the first pattern for a while longer etc

well these are stupid questions I guess, I’ll find out by experimentating : )

thanks again for the friendlyness, I’ve become a true elektron fanboy hehe