How to quickly turn OT into TR-8s?

If I only do the octatrack I have kits prepared as one audiofile and sliced them in the Octatrack that represents always the same structure to keep it simple.
That way I can program a beat and change the kit for it really fast if i feel lucky.
My kit’s first 8 slices are layouted exactly like the digitakt, and the next ones in that audio file are for sublte Variations of that sounds. So I can do the same fingerdrumming on dt, oct slice keyboard buttons 1-8 and slice buttons 9-16.
It’s good for finger drumming, if you have both, the digitakt and octatrack configured for that in a similar fashion. At least it is for me to keep it simple. Well, on the Octatrack you need maybe 2-4 tracks if you really intend to play it this way. later on you can downmix that beat (also on the dt) if you need more space.

3 Likes

This correct.

I suggest 8 Sample chains of 64 (same type)sounds loaded into static slots 1-8 to start your project.

Then you just load these to each part in same order. After that its just choosing what slice you play via plocking each step to slice you want. Then you can have 16 different kits/patterns per bank. Only limitations are your fx etc. You only have 4 parts per bank so 4 types of fx setups.

Good place to start and only using 8 static sample slots. Plenty more space for the odd sample etc to switch thing up if you wish.

2 Likes

This is how I got more comfy using the OT. Great advice here.

2 Likes