How to, Guide, Reference, Cheat Sheet, Tips, Tricks

Holy crap, first time I’ve looked at this thread I think, that’s great Olaf!
And of course thanks to all those brilliant minds who came up with content.

Wow!! Great work

Hi Olaf,

Thank you for this great work !!

Just a little remark for the octatrack’s key concept, on the big diagram page, I think the audio pool should be outsite the project and inside the set no ?

@twyce: you are right - will be corrected, thanks! Olaf

You’re welcome ! :slight_smile:

Thank’s again ! Your docs are very helpful ! :slight_smile:

There is an update for my Elektron Tips. I included a really nice tip to create a fill with the AR, an idea adopted from a trick Ean Golden presented in a DJ Techtools video in 2014. The link to his video and the implementation on the AR are in the latest version of my notes:

The trick uses a sample that has a kick and high frequency hi hat element or kick with a ride on it. With a high pass filter one can then play either the high hat, or the kick. This kick-hh sample is played on 16th notes. So when a normal 4-4 kick is played a 16th note high hat is a common pattern. The trick is now to move down the cut off frequency of the high pass filter working on the sample so that the normal kick pattern is accompanied not just with the high hat but also a drum fill. This works very well with techno and house tracks and using a performance macro one can rhythmically add a nice touch to a basic drum loop - all with the press of a button (pad).

Mann, Olaf du bist echt der Held !
DANKE !!!

tm

For not-Germans:
Olaf, you are the Hero !
THANX !!

I updated my Elektron “How to, Reference” tutorial notes, the latest version of which can be found by clicking HERE or by checking the links in the first post of this thread.

I included notes on the decision for a mixer, details on setting up the A&H Qu Pac and a four page summary on keys, chords and chord progressions for the A4. In a few other places I added bits and pieces, or reduced typos.

With best wishes,

Olaf

Loving the energy and attention to detail Olaf - loving your work dude - Merry Xmas!!
Just watched your micro brute external Osc video yesterday - right on bro.

Moin. Further, small improvements have been made to the document. Links can be found at the start of this thread. Best, Olaf

Thank you very much for putting the time and effort in to creating this!

great stuff

Great work! many thanks Olaf :slight_smile:

this is amazing, great work Olaf! Downloaded for later use :slight_smile:

Given the positiv response, I continue with this. Further small additions are in the latest version, so this entry is to alert new members of the forum to the set of notes (see start of the thread).

They need a technical writer in Göteborg (check the elektron website) - i think you’re the man they need! If the manual was written like you did - it would really help, and probably there would only be the general discussion forum needed.

But you dont have that written up in German somewhere for my friend who is not so fluent in English?

Thanks a lot Olaf for your works. Im new to elektrons/hardware so these are going to be very valuable to me to get started.

Nice one.

I had several requests to translate this in German but my focus is on adding more material. Such machines, this forum and music making in general, is an ideal way to learn English :wink: I have written several books but this is, so far, only a set of notes. It would require a lot more work to turn it into a proper book. I do this for fun and if others enjoy it, or better, find it useful, that’s great. I’d love to make this more comprehensive and more educational but this would require the collaboration with a real music expert.

Best wishes, Olaf

PS: I have the best job in the world - no need to look for new one :slight_smile: Music making, and sharing this, is just one of the great things I love doing.

^ bless your heart, man!

Thanks Olaf! New A4 and Rytm owner here and these are coming in handy. Cheers!