How to, Guide, Reference, Cheat Sheet, Tips, Tricks

Yes, thanks Olaf. Sorry I haven’t said so before, this is a very useful resource.

Thanks for the feedback! I continue to expand, revise and correct the material. The links above stay the same, the files behind them are updated. Olaf

this documentation is quite excellent! good work, dude

Olaf - once you’ve incorporated a round of feedback, might I suggest that you also post copies of these documents in this forum’s Files section? It’s a good place to store downloadable material like this, and it will be easy for forum members to locate and access them.

Thanks for all your work on these, judging by the response they’re going to help a lot of people. :+1:

Thanks a lot!

Regards

Thank you!!

Thanks a lot for lots of work!

WOW, I just read half of the AR reference.
Learned some things, cant wait to read more.
THANKS!

Thanks a lot!!!

Most files were revised, expanded and updated over the weekend, including a new document on “Tips and Tricks for the Octatrack”:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8732611/Elektron/TipsandTricksfortheElektronOctatrack.pdf

The is a first draft, including descriptions of popular effects, including Echo Freeze, the XFader transition trick and others. I will add more tricks as I go along. If you remember concise and self-contained descriptions that should be included, let me know so that I can paste them into the document.

Have fun, Olaf

Olaf, you are the king

@dubthonic: Unfortunately, the Files section does not work, right now. I’ve tried several times and also read that others had problems posting files. I would also prefer a place to post and update such things, other than private Dropbox accounts. I hope the Forum technology will eventually be upgraded to allow us more sophisticated things with this valuable forum.

Thanks for your hard work and attention to detail! Im constantly digging around for octatrack resources, tricks etc to generate more inspiration and fine tune my evolving workflow. Stuff like this is just awesome! Generous and well appreciated!!!

Sorry to hear that … I successfully posted a few files a few months back but haven’t tried again since. Useful files like yours are exactly what the section was made for. No promises but I"ll ask Elektron to look into it.

Superb effort, Olaf!

Thank you, as a new user this is really useful!

great great great !!

I have updated and revised several of My Notes (and I now understand how to include links properly in ext :wink: Olaf

Thanks a lot, Olaf! I’m an Octatrack beginner and I’m sure this will help me alot!

That really is exceptional, thank you for taking the time and the generosity.