How to Digitone's ARP output as a MIDI?

I owned a NDLR for about one month. It’s a nice device but the very clicky buttons, the very small screen and the menu diving were for me the reason to sell it. The arps can be nice, but you have to work for it. The addition of LFO’s gives extra power use to the NDLR but after one month it sounds all the same for me. Not for me, but it’s a really great device.

1 Like

Ah Thanx Peter! Then it doesn’t sound like it will offer me anything substantial.

Thanx! :+1:

1 Like

You’re welcome, Paul.

But you made me interested in the MIDIHUB. Watched some YT videos and like the features and the way to program it. They are out of stock at this moment but I’m on the waiting list.

Yeah the MH is such a great little box! More than worth the modest price! I’m sure you love it!:+1:

1 Like

If it can be implemented on the OT then it certain can on the Digitone.

1 Like

Of course – it’s just some midi notes, but it doesn’t mean it will definitely happen for DN.

Agreed of course.

2 Likes

Is there any way to force the internal tracks to output midi and thereby sacrificing them for midi arp services?

There is no midi arp in any way, shape or form. Outputting the midi from the internal tracks will only give you the notes on the sequencer.

2 Likes

Presumably, notes from the DN sequencer could be fed to something that has an arp, like BlueArp on the PC, or even into a hardware synth with an arpeggiator. So you could trigger the arp from the DN, but would have to program it elsewhere. Definitely not ideal.

1 Like

This thread just saved me a deep dive of the manual…bummer it’s not an option.

ccb3aLM

7 Likes

typhon (L). i arp it with octatrack but also wish my digitone could make it dance

2 Likes

MIDIHUB is an absolute beast. So many creative possibilities in that little box. I love mine.

I will say, I still really enjoy using the OT Arp and love the wacky patterns that I can create in a very tactile way.

But agreed, MIDIHUB is sooooooo deep.

so can we get back to why this wonderful synths midi out still does not offer an arp…
elektron, the keys needs an update… please

4 Likes

We just received more stock of MRCC. Did you know, MRCC has multiple arpeggiators? While you can control the arps from the OLED display, they are best used with an external MIDI controller for changing the parameters. Something like a Korg nanokontrol or Arturia Keystep Pro would work. Whatever has some programmable knobs for MIDI CCs.

Later versions of The NDLR (made in 2020 or later) have quieter buttons, but we made The NDLR for jamming and used tactile buttons so we could feel them, because we sure couldn’t hear them.

1 Like

Or Elektron could just fix their synth so I can happily go about my noise making :slight_smile: … i just really dont understand why this thing has gone without an update for so long, like it is their flagship FM poly synth… makes 0 sense why they are ignoring us

Well, it already is very fully featured and already had a number of features that were added to the DT in the latest update like audio input and FX processing. It does need an update though, there is a bug that keeps the mod wheel & sustain pedal both being used, it is one or the other at the moment, and yes it would be good to have arp over MIDI. Just have faith, an update is coming and everything is taking a little longer these days for every industry. Just because you can’t see the work they are doing, doesn’t mean they are ignoring you. How does this fallacy continue to exist, surely you know better than this.

1 Like

You are right, we dont see the work they do behind the scenes and the synth is incredible, I just don’t find myself reaching for it as much as I would if these main bugs weren’t there. My biggest issue honestly is the Overbridge … it makes the whole synth unusable after about 2 or three knob tweaks and it just begins to lag to the point where I cant even play it. (There is another thread on here about it) The midi arp is just another thing I would love to see on this synth… I have faith in elektron… i own tons of their gear and I know the pandemic has probably made things even tougher… guess im just impatient lol

1 Like

Just popping in to join the chorus of voices that want Elektron to give us Arp Midi Out on the DN.

8 Likes