How to cv control minitaur?

I don’t know if it will solve your issue but never the less moogs will sort of “set” the oscillators to the last voltage played on the keys (if there) or by midi, and then the cv input will offset the oscillators from there…

To get my Little Phatty to work in proper tune with pitch CV from Threremini I have to have pressed a low C last, I forget which Octave…
Here it’s mentioned earlier in the thread:

Once you get things sorted this can be used for transpose…

3 Likes

I’ve spent about 8 hours trying to get this sorted with no luck. I just followed your steps exactly and now it’s working. Thx a lot!

4 Likes

Oh man, 8 hours…but extremely happy to hear you soldiered through, congrats! A4 and Minitaur is a wicked combo.

1 Like

Shit is brutal eh?

1 Like

#metoo
I haven’t managed to C/V-control the MT through my AK yet, but one day I will. And then I’ll make a comprehensive step-by-step video (why on earth isn’t there any yet?), so nobody will ever have to struggle like us! Promise!

I’m gonna come back in a year and check. :crazy_face:

Still not there, but I compiled all seemingly useful input in this doc:

Anybody achieving C/V control based on this input is bound to make a step-by-step video :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you leave C2 @ 1v and C5 @ 4v once it was set up? Everything’s working great for me with those settings, other than the Minitaur being slightly off pitch.

1 Like

In the process of trying to sort out the out the pitch issue, I hooked up a synth via midi to the Minitaur, and got the Minitaur working immediately. Unfortunately when I went back to CV’ing the Minitaur to the A4, I was completely back to getting only single notes(no matter what key I press on the A4). I’ve tried doing the (Dobermate) steps again, but I’m not getting anywhere. Sigh

You know what - I just checked and I knew I had messed with the tuning but apparently this, or something done in the same tweak session, resulted in changed values for pitch 2.

Values really don’t make sense, but I remember I did the tuning part tied to tuner and had a sequence of e-e programmed to hear it working ok.

Sorry that I cannot be more specific :(.

EDIT: pics don’t work it seems, will try upload later.

1 Like

I finally got it completely set up including being tuned to the A4. I had used a tuner on it the first time I tried doing this last week, but no matter how I tweaked the voltage, the key was always off. I did go into (function + note) the Note section for the CV track and set that to major. I think it might have been set to minor. Here’s a few pics of the final set up process (please excuse the mess).

5 Likes

Has anyone done the latest Minitaur OS update (including the editor)? It came out last week. I’m a little worried about updating and losing all of my CV settings.

FWIW - I updated my Minitaur & Editor with the latest update, and I had to go back in and reconfigure CV on my Minitaur again. The voltages I was using before are still the same, but I had to go into the A4 and change them and them change them back to make it work. I did that after I configured tuning/cv with the editor.

I am going through this process, anyone who could help me out a bit? It took me a few calibration attempts to get sounds out of the minitaur at all, and then I went through every CV voltage setting I’ve found but none of them were succesful. After trying out a bunch of different settings I am now back to only getting single notes out of it and my morale is crushed. Any help is hugely appreciated…

If you make it, let me know. I haven’t been able to get it to work in 6+ months…

I just kept following dobermate’s steps (and making minor tweaks) over and over and finally it started working. After that I hooked a tuner up to the Minitaur, and tweaked the voltage on the A4 until I was in tune.

1 Like

Trying to control Moog Minitaur via Analog Keys

1. Am I correct in thinking Arpeggiator & Sequencer cannot be controlled via Midi on the AK?

2. Pitch & Arp can be controlled via AK CV - but I have a problem;
    I only get one pitch regardless of which ever key I hit

CV A is set to Gate
Should CV B be set to Pitch V/oct or Pitch Hz/V
& thereafter, how should note 1 & note 2 be configured?

Thanks

I’ve read your post, Thanks, that works!

1 Like

Great - glad that it helped!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Moog Minitaur et al., opinions?