How to cv control minitaur?

Hello please help me how to set up cv control for minitaur

Need help with what kind of cables to use and what the a4 settings

I´ve tried but I havent got it, never worked with cv before :frowning:

2 Likes

http://analog.pen.io/

1 Like

Sweet thanks

This is true but the Moog Mintaur in fact needs a firmware update to implement CV correctly. That is it’s buggy. Some have it working others do not. I’m one that doesn’t. Works perfectly with a Voyager Old School.

1 Like

It worked for me, thanks again, BTW i have 2.0 firmware on minitaur

look on the Moog Minitaur official forum. There is already a newer version. 2.10 I believe. However, they are still working on a whole new editor.

Still I find Minitaur buggy for making tracks somehow.

But using CV is very fascinating and you will learn a lot.

However, I have stored my Minitaur for now…its for sale acutally…I wasn’t really productive with it…

Good luck!

1 Like

Yes it is Very byggy on the software side, but u cant beat that base sound… :slight_smile:

1 Like

i use in my one 2.0 but the update to 2.0 seems have some bugs i can still use my minitaur but cant use the 2.0 editor it dont work on my computer, so i have us the 1.0 editor .this works fine but cant use the cv routing update like in the 2.0 editor maybe firmware 2.10 will fix that.but the sound of the minitaur is excellent …

I really had to tweak the numbers to get this to work acceptably for me.

I set my pitch v/oct settings at middle c = +2.29v and v/oct at 1.00 v

Until I updated moog to 2.0 I couldn’t get stable tuning across multiple octaves. It still doesn’t work as well as midi from my keyboard but will have to make do as I want it to be sequenced from the four.

Scratch that. No I had to change it to +2.53 and it doesn’t even let me get to the lowest octave argh

if anyone has better suggestions- bring it on.

I’m struggling with the cv set up for the minitaur as well. Stability and octave range isn’t right. Any luck getting it sorted?

Having some issues with configuring the Pitch CV as well, anyone got it working and can post their settings?

generating an Support ticket at Moog web site,

they’ ll sent u an zip file with calibration syx file.

needed for minitaur to get in the right pitch.

i ve gone the same way after digging the Forums.

have fun

darius

to go the short way,
i posted the file in “FILES” area…

1 Like

Thanks 2old4shit! That seems to work. I didn’t have a voltmeter at home so, I just set both notes to say C3 and to 1V and then 4V respectively. I assume this would generate a constant 1V and 4V signal for calibration. If someone has a voltmeter, maybe they can confirm.

FYI, the calibration can also be done using the latest Minitaur Editor s/w.

1 Like

Anybody used the Minitaur as a CV to MIDI converter to use the A4 sequencer with another synth or VST?

So I’m pretty sure I have the CV setup properly. My problem arises when I’m done with my session and turn off my gear. When I come back the next day and turn on the A4 and Minitaur, all of the sudden the Minitaur isn’t working with the A4. The only way to resolve this seems to happen by randomly unplugging the Minitaur and turning the A4 on/off several times. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Why is this?

I may be a bit confused with how CV works, but I think I have it right? I have AB out of the A4 going into gate/filter of the Minitaur, and CD out of the A4 going into the pitch/volume of the Minitaur.

I have CV A set to Pitch V/Oct, I have CV B set to Gate, I have CV C set to Pitch V/Oct, and I have CV D set to Pitch V/Oct.

What is going on here? Ugh…

I’m pretty sure you have too many things connected. When using CV out with my voyager I need ONLY the gate (CV A), and V/Oct (CV C) for the pitch. Everything else is set to “ground” on the A4.

LA

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you have too many things connected. When using CV out with my voyager I need ONLY the gate (CV A), and V/Oct (CV C) for the pitch. Everything else is set to “ground” on the A4.

LA[/quote]
Thanks, I unplugged volume and filter CV and it seems to be working now! :joy:
Although it sounds a bit weird, trying to fiddle with the different CV sources on the A4 now.

2 Likes

I use my Minitaur CV controlled with my A4 and everything works fine. I control usually 3 or 4 parameters on the Minitaur via CV.

The only thing which is quite annoying is that I always have to send a C0 to the Minitaur via MIDI before starting to send CV. If I don’t do that, the Minitaur may play wrong pitch (i.e. if I play a C1 on the A4, the Minitaur will for example play a G1). I think that’s a known issue.

So maybe it comes from that?

2 Likes