How to change parameters globally

Someone mentioned that you can change a parameter globally instead of every track individually.

I was thinking like the decay.

How would you do that, or is it just copy the parameter page and paste it for every track?

Thanks!

You mean ctrl all? That’s more a of performance feature, but it would work.

Is that in the global settings?

I was heard about it here.

And here.

No, not in the global settings. Control all is one of the great features of the digi boxes.
On the Syntakt when holding the track button and you change a parameter (for instance decay) it will change it on all the tracks. I suggest you give the manual a read though :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Ugh. I’m all manual’ed out.

I just got a Maschine mk 3 and there is NO community to talk with, so it’s been research hell.

Thanks.

Just reread this. So as long as I don’t have the step rec enabled, this works. Or else it would be an individual parameter lock or trig condition, or whatever it’s called.

Yes. But just to be sure: I mean the TRK button (the one underneath the FUNC one) And I really would advise reading the manual :smiley:

2 Likes

…sorry for late response…

but yep, i was referring to CTRL ALL…

on the st, u have quite a few different layouts on it’s various different machines…
so holding the track button and start to twiddle knob parameters on the dedicated synth pages can lead to all sorts of unforeseeable changes when macro controling them this way…

but on the common pages like filter, filter envelope and in special the amp envelope, it’s all the same…so any ctrl all actions will tame or increase whatever u got in place already…

and killing sustains and/or especially decay all at once, always brings u right to the naked back bone of any pattern…

and yes, it is indeed, a performance control, but where’s the difference on a elektron device…
they all have this live/studio realtime instrument twitter thing embedded…

but don’t u ever forget to quicksave (FUNC + YES) whenever u like what u got right there right now…and in case any wild ctrl all actions were getting u there…copy the pattern…

1 Like

Thank you! I’m caught up in a battle now, but was going to run through this after it wraps up.

I appreciate the response!

1 Like