How hot does your Syntakt get?

The Syntakt was a little warm after I used it for the first time for a couple of hours, but not as warm as I thought it would get after reading reports about this issue. If the warmth of the machine wasn’t mentioned in these threads I wouldn’t have thought twice about it.

Some Behringer machines can get pretty hot. My first mixer was a Behringer Xenyx 1202FX and it got so hot I was afraid it could become a fire hazard if I left it on too long. Apparently it’s normal for that mixer to run really hot.

I measured a high of 107° on the front bottom panel, using an Etekcity infrared thermometer, on my Syntakt. My Digitakt only got up to 87°.

1 Like

Best described as “warm fart”….

Mine gets really hot after a while. Does anyone have the same issue?

Yes that’s normal.

Okay. Had a few boxes from Elektron in the past and never had this issue. Thanks

This one reaches 50*C on normal use.

Mine gets pretty hot like a laptop, I was a bit concerned but until the thing crashes I guess it’s OK, the case is a basically a heat sink by the feel of it so I guess it’s meant to get warm to take heat from the board and chips…

It’s not too bad.

Every time this topic surfaces in “Latest”, for some reason, I think, “My dog has no nose…”

1 Like

typically analog synths need proper design for airflow and cooling since they have no fans or anything like that … maybe some heatsinks

also the spec may not be targeting “lap use” … so…

An Elektron engineer already told in another thread this is completely normal and expected, they know this runs hotter and should never be a problem under normal circumstances….

3 Likes

I’m hoping the Syntakt gets real hot and sizzling. I haven’t been able to light a joint properly since my BP-1 Power Handle was recalled.

12 Likes

I’m going to go in the ‘very’ camp, defnitely gets uncomforable when using on lap.

It’ll be interesting to see if it gets hot enough for anyone that’s using 3d PLA stands to start to get melty.

same ‘issue’ hier (actually I came here due to googling for ‘syntakt warm’ , but it is not that hot that it could melt PLA for example, so with the explanations above I’m glad that this is normal:)

It’s really not that bad to me. I’ve had other things hotter. Heck my helix gets pretty warm sometimes and I don’t worry. Syntakt gets warm for a bit but then generally cools down a bit and stables.

I think if it was twice the size and lived in a rack no-one would notice, but given its size and how many people will be playing it on their lap, it’s going to be much more noticeable than other gear that operates at similar temperatures.

Mine feels about the same as my AH, but not as hot as some of my old modular stuff used to get. You could fry eggs on my old fusion system.

2 Likes

The answer is 42 (degrees).
No joke.

5 Likes

Have syntakt next to analog heat and it feels exactly the same. Warm to the touch but for example my intel macbook pro gets so much hotter all the time. Wouldn’t worry about it.

42 here as well. That towel you should always carry with you will come in handy if you want to place the Syntakt on your lap.

6 Likes