How do you rate your music?

pretty simple question, also pretty daft.

but, let’s just say, putting the one song/track you are most proud of (maybe in terms of technicality, production)…

where do you rate yourself next to the music you love/respect?

have you made a collection of songs/album that you think, fck me, this is up with the stuff I love? probably not, and rightly so…but you play your own music, and probably hear your own music more than anyone else will, so it’s gotta be right for your own ears.

2 Likes

High 6 to low 7

I’m also my harshest critic, but try to be gentle with myself…

1 Like

I never go there. That leads to never releasing anything. And massive self-doubt / depression

This :100:. That’s all that matters imo

11 Likes

In the basement ( with occasional exterior bike rides )

@Fin25 has entered the chatroom

3 Likes

10/10 would bang.

bAnG!

In the club you smutty lot.

4 Likes

not highly.

Sometimes it’s a solid 10, on other days, it doesn’t get past a 5.

1 Like

if it doesn’t make me want to dance to it – it sucks.
that simple.
(and yes, i trust my body more than my ears.)

3 Likes

I use a pH test kit on my urine after listening to my “music”.

2 Likes

rating my own art doesnt make sense to me. i used to do it in the beginning (used to share a lot of my music back then too), but that just made me overwork things that ive been doing. each new creation is a step. do you rate your steps when going somewhere where you want to be?

reflecting on things and taking notes on what i want to do differently to get closer to the goal ive set out that day works better than spending energy on pondering if my creation is good or bad.

i will never be like them. even if i gather the same amount of skills and knowledge, our music will be different. and thats the beauty of it. carve your own path to what you think is cool.

1 Like

I feel like I get more out than I put in so I have to rate my music somewhat highly. It’s not perfect of course and I feel like I have a long way to go before I’m as amazing as I want to be. No need to be negative about any of that though.

Technically my engineering has improved drastically over the years, my tracks finally mix in and out of “real” songs without anyone noticing or commenting. Inspirationally the they are a far cry from the early songs which were so conceptually amazing. As long as there’s a hair on your neck raising moment then the song is doing its job and it’s ready to play out!

2 Likes

If I compare myself to the acts I’ve followed for some time, I rank myself like 2 or 3, compared to them. On a scale to 100.

Having said that, I still think I’m pretty good. I just think there’s lots more out there who’s a lot lot better.

Some of them hang out here, actually.

2 Likes

Do I want to listen to my music? If the answer is yes, it’s good. If the answer is no, then the song is not good. If other people like it, that’s a bonus. It’s simple as that.

3 Likes

Harshly.

3 Likes

My music is great!
I listen to it all the time!
Would i like it to be better? Sure, i guess…
But so what! Make more…make more gooder

4 Likes

5 stars

1 Like

Yeah at my best, comparable to most of the music I love.

1 Like

I’m a musical prodigy. My creativity knows no bounds, and my talent is immeasurable. I’m a fucking moron with Fisher Price ears and I can’t even press buttons properly. One of these days the world will recognise my genius. I should quit music.

9 Likes