How do I do it thread

Cheers. That’s good to know. I’ll maybe take back what I said about the sample transfer being “unfriendly”… perhaps it’s just a little shy to start with. It’s making more sense after playing around with it for a bit.

Are there plans to be able to mount the AR as a drive and just dump samples into it directly as a disk, do you know?

is there a way to quick browse presets like on the A4?

Cheers. That’s good to know. I’ll maybe take back what I said about the sample transfer being “unfriendly”… perhaps it’s just a little shy to start with. It’s making more sense after playing around with it for a bit.

Are there plans to be able to mount the AR as a drive and just dump samples into it directly as a disk, do you know?[/quote]
Yea, I thought the same too at first then after using it - I got used to it and It feels efficient.
Currently, there are no plans for AR drive to be mountable.

@Dataline

Is there a way to do a global parameter change like on the MD when you hold down FUNCTION + a machine parameter?

func + trig _ quantitize menu for global and individual track

func + synth or sample or filter or amp or lfo… opens the sound menu, where you can access
[ul]
[li]the ‘machines’ (synths), [/li]
[li]how chromatic is handled (off, synth, sample, or synth + sample)[/li]
[li]velocity and aftertouch[/li]
[li]specific sample for that track[/li]
[/ul]

Nice :+1:

double click synth leads you into the machine list for the track.
double click the sample takes you into the sample pool (right jargon?) the track.

up to this point it appears to work l i k e on the analog four in regards to the sample, but not the synth/machine.

[quote="“Dataline”"]
^^The sample names will be transferable very soon!

You can also set up a Directory to receive your samples rather than the incoming. Check the side menus by pressing Left and right, helps a lot organizing your folders.

Or press FUNCTION + PAD :)[/quote]
Hi Cenk !
Thanks for the help with loading samples !
It is incredibly convoluted at the moment. I’m hoping it will get more streamlined. For now, how would we go about transferring samples into a specific, user defined folder, as you mentioned ?
We have created a custom directory, but the samples still end up in the “incoming” directory.

Also, when in Sysex receive mode, “waiting data” is flashing, C6 does send the sample, but nothing happens. Is this a bug or a yet to be implemented feature ?

Finally, is there a way to retrieve the factory installed samples without the kits ?

Cheers !

Edit : we’re also having issues sending loops. We can send one shots, although it’s very unreliable, but no luck with loops.

We’ve sent 3 one shots successfully, but now it’s not happening anymore. We haven’t changed the procedure, but we’re stuck with 3 sounds in there, anything else is not working !

Edit 2 : C6 will refuse to transmit my OT sample chains. They are about 30 seconds long. It will however transmit very short samples. Any idea ?

In the folder containing the samples you want to move, the right arrow key reveals a slide out on the display with options to select / select all and “select for move”. Select the file(s), select them for a move, then navigate to the destination folder, then left arrow to reveal a slide out on the left where you can select “move here”.

Can you imagine the random button pushing I went through to get there?! :zonked:

In the folder containing the samples you want to move, the right arrow key reveals a slide out on the display with options to select / select all and “select for move”. Select the file(s), select them for a move, then navigate to the destination folder, then left arrow to reveal a slide out on the left where you can select “move here”.

Can you imagine the random button pushing I went through to get there?! :zonked:[/quote]
Hahaha, thank you for that !
I was actually hoping to transfer samples straight into a custom directory.
In any case, I’m glad you’re exploring it. The main issue at the moment is that C6 doesn’t seem to transfer samples correctly.
Cheers

Sample transfer isn’t happening really for me either. I managed to send 1 sample, although I attempted to send at least 5, and I’m not too impressed with the idea of having to rename samples with an encoder and buttons, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that the next update fixes this issue as dataline said above.

Hey all, the sample sending will be better soon.

Make sure to tick ‘SDS handshake’ on C6 in the CONFIG.

For now, the sample should not exceed around 2.5 megs - this will be improved shortly.

And the AR does NOT need to be in sysex receive mode when receiving samples. Just fire them from C6, you can even receive samples while playing back sequences.

Finally, you can receive samples into a custom folder. Create the folder, go inside it and press left and select ‘upload here’

I have no problem in sending samples here when obeying the rules above.

Hi Cenk.
Thank you for that. We’re having much better success rate with using the TM1 instead of going straight USB. I did not have handshake turned on so that may have helped as well. We now successfully loaded 6 samples in.
Would you say it’s better to stick to the TM1 or is USB transfer as reliable ?
We’ll be trying straight USB transfer in a minute and report back :slight_smile:

If the SDS HANDSHAKE was off, try it with turned on.

The USB transfer works if the current rules are followed.

I never used tm1 for sample transfers on AR, if it works - use that of course!

cenk -

can you speak to how sound locks are working and will be working at all?

still not sure i understand what i can/can’t do.

I’m kind of curious about this too. I’ve read that you can only sound lock tracks 1-4? So 5-12 can only sound lock samples? That’s still plenty I’m sure but wondering how that works.

This might be kind of obvious, but in case you’ve not stumbled on it yourself, scenes make for a great way of creating mute groups.

Hey Cenk !
thank you for your e-mail, I thought I’d reply on here for everyone’s benefit :slight_smile:

Sample loading is hardly workable, for the following reasons :

• no names makes organizing a real guessing game
  • samples get replaced seemingly randomly, we cannot load new samples now without replacing old ones, no matter what we try (load anything to anything, sound, etc…)
  • we haven’t found a way to audition samples before loading them to the project pool

so, the process is lengthy, tedious, unreliable, and frustrating. 2.5 mb for max size is not working either, we’re not having success with anything over 2 mbs.

we have spent all day from 10 this morning trying to figure out a reliable method of loading, auditioning and assigning samples. So yes, from my very limited experience, the sampling side of the Rytm is completely borked right now. We’ve pretty much given up, and will eagerly wait the much anticipated improvements you mentioned.

Here’s what I’d like to see :

• names for samples
  • a way to audition samples in the incoming folder
  • a reliable sample transfer that doesn’t overwrite existing samples
  • the max length transferable increased to reasonable amounts (we’re in 2014, 2mb samples just don’t cut it)

I am very much aware that this is all coming up, and appreciate the fact that once again, we’re working with what is effectively a very beta product, with advertized features missing, and a very dodgy sampling side, however, as it stands, I will wait a few before ordering one :slight_smile:

Cheers !

Edit : it sounds beastly though !!

anyone figure out external input yet?

hey…

I have a workable SDS implementation, but it’s only OSX and iOS. Done this for the MDUW.

Don’t have an AR, but it should work with it.
Dunno whether the problems you guys are seeing are due to c6 or the unfinished AR OS.

It should be faster than c6 too (at least on OSX).

If someone with an AR wants to test this out with me, PM…

1 Like