How can I see how much free storage I have?

I transfered a bunch of samples and I was wondering how much available space I have left on my digitakt, how can I check this?

3 Likes

Good question I would like to know as well

i would like to know as well !

Me three.

Please Elektron!

A very good question. Sadly, this can’t be done now.

When we get the tool to see what is on the drive, we need to have another option available - I would also like to back up the contents of the +drive.

And please, make it a solution independent of Overbridge.

4 Likes

There are basically repeating the same mistake as for the AR. :confounded:

3 Likes

I’d guess they’re in middle of implementing something more practical. Maybe in next update? Would make no sense for them to have ignored people’s hang-ups with the rytm sample transfer/backup process/nuances…

It’s funny how companies sometimes seem to be so stubborn about going their own way. Maybe it’s just technically easier, given the work/coding they’ve already done on previous boxes etc, but I was really surprised to not see straight forward usb drag/drop on DT. Hope they nail it with the transfer app. OT is nigh perfect in this regard. Super fast transfers and backups. Dunno why they didn’t go that route on DT? Annoying cos it possibly means that they also won’t do it on an OT2/DT XL either :confused:

1 Like

I don’t understand how such a basic feature doesn’t exist. Hopefully they will fix it in the next update, we should be able to view our storage from the unit itself.

Is it the same with the other elektron boxes?

1 Like

AR is the same…
If I remember correctly the MACHINEDRUM is better and let you know how much % space you use.

1 Like

Elektron, please notice this thread. It’s a highly important feature, we need to know how much storage is left from the device.

4 Likes

I could of sworn that Cenk showed how to check sample space, thats how the approx. sample time was confirmed to be around 12 minutes. It was a SuperBooth vid, maybe the Sonic State one.

maybe @Ess could chime in on this subject

The best way to get answers to your questions is to just send us an email or support ticket - we always respond! Elektronauts is not the right forum for contacting us.

It is currently not possible to view the space left on the +Drive (or RAM), but we are working on making that possible.

10 Likes

Awesome, thanks!

Don’t forget the AR in the process…

5 Likes

Is there any progress by now?

There’s a fresh new tool that arrived yesterday , dig brought recent digitakt area to find it.

It’s not from electron but works well even at this early stage.

It’s been 6 months, it can’t be that hard to implement?

This is such a basic feature, I can’t understand why it’s not implemented yet.

Now you can:

Okay, actually it shows you how much you’ve used, not how much you’ve got free, but good enough, I hope.

6 Likes

I don’t know, i’m still waiting till later in the year. 11 days to go… come on Elektron.