How are you sequencing Modular with the Digitakt?

Yes ofcourse but I dont get it how to configure it!

You need a usb to midi hub like a midi sport and midi ox programme.

have bunch of devices that have usb to midi ,but cant get it how to set it up on brainsurgery.thats the main problem. its easy to just dump a sysex file into device.sorry for not being precise.

1 Like

This is how I have it set up:

What you want to look at is, gate 5-9. In my setup, all MIDI sent to outputs 5-9 is on channel 5. This can be any channel you prefer. Each output is triggered by it’s dedicated note (min note to max note value). So in your sequencer, you can set up one track per output on the Mutant Brain, and send the corresponding note to the output each time you want it to trigger. Make sure you set Trig to trigger (not gate, like I have).

Capiche? (You can also check the manual on Hex Inverters home page, they explain it better than I can)

3 Likes

thanks a lot.you gave me idea of putting it on right note in same channel. I was bit confused with midi note and assigning it on different channel.

Nerdesq

No problem. Also look at cvocd. It has the same interface. Maybe the instructions are clearer. I managed to set mine up ok and it’s not something I’ve ever done before. The expert sleepers FH2 solves a lot of the interface problems…at a cost!

digtakt and fh-2 all day. lots of ways to configure your midi to cc. also 2 cv to midi jacks great for clock or modulating the digi from a modular is fun too. did i mention that you can add all sorts of crazy lfos straight from the fh-2 controlled by cc on your Digi bipolar or unipolar. haven’t dove in but there is a Euclidian rhythm generator that you can assign out as a cv signal, and an arpegiator i believe. also the whole unit is expandable to up to 64 signals, with the expander modules Hello insane polyphonic fun. got enough oscillators the sky is the limit. side note, clock from the digi to the fh-2 is pretty stable. and if you want you can clock out from your fh-2 to the digi if your using a super clean clock like pam or what not. anyways much love for the fh-2 setup i rock out hard and still have more to learn on the fh-2.

3 Likes

Hi. I know it’s been a while. Can you tell me why you’ve set the trigger on “global” to 15 ms?
Is that kind of an offset for the MIDI Input? I’m asking because I have some timing problems with my MIDI signal.
I trigger the Hexinverter from my Digitone and I think there’s a small offset in the clock timing…

15ms is the default value set in the schema by Hexinverter. If you hover over the “Default trigger” text, you will see an explanatory text which states that this field sets the duration of gate outputs set to “trigger” mode. Basically defines the length of the triggers.

Got a DIY kit of Midimuso CV-12, yesterday tested with Digitakt, works like a charm! It’s probably the cheapest midi to cv converter, you have to improvise the enclosure tho.