How are people liking the Model: Samples?

Totally loving it. No issues with my unit so far. If fact I just bought a power brick and connector for the side jack.

2 Likes

i love it too but i use many paramaters & sometimes it freezes

1 Like

I still love mine, and I have not had any issues with it. When I first got it, I used it as a groove box, but now I use it mostly as a drum machine, and it has become one of my favorite drum machines.

4 Likes

Yes it is a dope drum machine but I like to use it as a groove box with automation everywhere, all in one machine

3 Likes

i use mine with sp404a and ipad.
amazing!
i thought of upgrading to digitakt, but love the flow in this, love the ‘adjust all’ with ‘trig conditions’, and love the trig conditions for midi out!, and love the soundcard for my Ipad.

it is my ‘second setup’ (that sounds rich) next to my complicated AR and A4

unfortunately my Function button fell off when using it a lot. Will be back soon (i hope)

2 Likes

I love the pads on this

What the heck? That’s not good, it just fell off from normal/heavy use?

i think with the first few, they had some problems with the function button. They took back some devices, found the problem, changed production and repair the few that come in broken.

1 Like

Great idea to pair the M:S with a 404, I may have to try that one out. The 404 would fill the stereo sample gap of the M:S, and it has some of its own great FX. And, if they ever release a battery thing for the M:S, then the two would be a great battery powered combo.

indeed
with synth lines from the battery powered ipad

I actually want to pick up another M:S. I sold mine when I decided I had way too much desktop gear, and now I wish I had it again. Not as a supplemental box, but purely on its own for when I want to get out of the studio.

I’m kind of doing this with my Rytm right now, but the M:S is so much lighter and easier to flop on the couch with for example. I always found that it had exactly enough features and power (with a bit of trickery) to pull off a full track with a little effort.

5 Likes

MS and AH would be a killer combo in my opinion

Probably so. The MS has a nice crisp output, so tossing some decent overdrive on it could be pretty nice in some cases. It would be even better if the M:S had one more pair of outputs for more complex routing.

Yes I agree- would you buy over a rytm mk2?

Wow- how comes

Personally, I’d use them for different things. I could see using them together sometimes, but I’d be using them mostly separately the way I work. I’m either in the studio, or I’m on the couch :smiley: (when making music, not that I’m on the couch that much…) So, the M:S would be my roaming machine, which allows the Rytm to stay put. This is actually how I used it when I had it previously for the most part. (Not that it’s not great when integrated with other gear.) Just my own “use-case”. The M:S makes a great mobile sketchpad, workstation, etc. I brought it with me on a couple of trips, and it was nice playing it in the hotel room after a day out.

1 Like

btw, i got no freezes when i often save the project

1 Like

i do this
m:s in living room; rytm a4 in studio

2 Likes

In case anyone is considering a model:samples , here’s an in Depth review I did for ask.audio.

I thought it was a fun device to use. Mostly suited as a drum sampler in combination with other synths. As a standalone groove box I found it a bit too limited in terms of sound design options compared to digitakt.

At this price point I think it’s a great buy :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Nice review, Thanks!
Did you figure out how to remove LFO from the track?