HOT UPGRADE not for OT? join, help us to have those features

Yeah…no, not gonna happen. Elektron have stated for a couple years now that the only updates to the OT will be bug fixes. They aren’t adding new features to it. Period.

The hardware certainly cannot handle OB…I guess I can’t say for sure that it can’t handle trig conditions, but even if it can handle it, Elektron still aren’t going to add it no matter how you ask. It isn’t worth fretting about.

1 Like

I totally understand. So, they should - at least - state that they wont implement due to the fact that the project is closed. The planned road-map was properly reached and makes no sense to re-live old projects.

Honestly i dont think they will ever say that - marketwise, they want to continue selling OT with no additional cost. Thats the simple answer. But at the same time they dont want to to say they wont implement it as it may generate an odd perception on future buyers… speculators/etc…

Complicated…
Again, i wont mind to pay for that additional feature. I guess none of us would mind to pay… what is a few bucks when comparing to the product value. But at the same time, they wont accept payments as that could also cause non-wanted interpretations.

So simple… implement it and make us happy.

They already have stated that it will only be bug fix releases in the future. No new features.

1 Like

So sad…

The weird side is that i dont regret buying it at all… i just dont recommend the equipment as it may cause frustration due to the development status of the product.

I’d like a petition to stop people petitioning companies, with petitions.

6 Likes

The good news is it’s stable.

You can work within the system. Multiple patterns sharing a kit. Duplicate parallel tracks for a/b. Performance mode. Scenes. Oddball pattern lengths.

The OT does everything it said it would do on the box.

1 Like

Its a fantastic equipment… i wont sell it. No way.
Love it… Could be a bit better? Yes… but that is the way it is.
I would be happier with new fucntion ? Absolutelly…

Development status? Eh? It has every feature it was ever advertised as having. This reminds me of the OP-1 situation where for months until the latest OS was released there were dozens of angry, entitled comments under everything TE posted online, demanding new features that had never been advertised or promised. IDGI. Maybe because our phones get updated constantly now, people expect free updates for everything until the end of time.

A couple thoughts.

When you release an unfinished os you’re asking folks to bear with you, so they come to expect continued development.

Ditto, when you are mum about your software releases and then surprise folks with them, you develop an anticipation there as well.

Ok… makes sense on a world were customer’s have no right to request anything.
I like to request things and personally i believe this is they way things move forward. You can bet lots of functions we have today on our babies came from forums… some from requests…

Anyways… There is a chance close to nothing to see it ever implemented. I know that… but the idea of “I am not going to request because they have a roadmap and i should be thankful about it” - that idea is not right FOR ME.

And i guess it is also not for most of US as this topic is related EXACTLY to this topic. Which is a NEW FEATURE on the equipment.

It’s fine to request features, I just don’t think you can demand them into existence with petitions etc. to private companies.

1 Like

Just as a point of information, remember that the official method of getting feature requests to Elektron is to send an email message to:
feature-request@elektron.se

Thanks Peter, will do my part and submit my request.

Thanks again.

trig conditions is the only thing I really need, maybe one day…

The OT’s pretty damn great as is. And most likely crammed with more than its processors could reasonbly handle. It’s all rendered in real time, mind you, as are the conditional triggers. You’re asking a juggler to bring in additional torches when he’s already on fire.

2 Likes

Would be nice to have some feedback with this, more than bug fixes for a time…I share it on face OT Argentina users Group.
If we all together ask for it, they will have to respond.
CONDITIONAL TRIGGERS aren’t rocket science.

Octatrack DSP is maxed out. No new features, just bugfixes. This has been confirmed by Elektron staff.

Yes, they say… if that, taking out 1 FX will do the job

Maybe. But who’s to say taking out 1 FX would free up enough horsepower for trig conditions? And which FX would you sacrifice? And what about backwards compatibility with old projects using that FX? And where would you put the trig functions on an interface that is already visually crowded and full of confusing shortcuts?

Realistically it’s not gonna happen, so just use LFOs for fake probability and have fun with the OT as is, it’s a pretty fun box.

4 Likes

I am starting to realize that this new feature will never happen. And thats not because of all the theories everyone shared… it is because people DO BELIEVE on these theories and this belief will hold everyone back.

I used to believe we could have this movement going… but the mindset here is just not positive enough to make it move forward.

Thats sad but true.