HipHop made with ANY Elektron gear

Some kind of thing with DT, OT, OP1 going through the Analog Heat recording into my phone.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CILcsSSA3Er/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

1 Like

I made this loop a while ago on the DT+DN for a ā€žloop compilationā€œ (aka looper) that scratch nerds like to use to practice or just jam without any interuptions.

6 Likes

Makes me want to get back into scratching. But Iā€™m years out of practice at this point.

Very cool. It reminds me of making beats super late when you kind of start drifting as youā€™re going. Itā€™s so loose it feels like itā€™s threatening to come apart, especially with the scene changes on the OT.

Thanks a lot for checking! Yeah I really like that kind of will it/wonā€™t it work thing that comes from triggering parts live with no sync etc.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a little song about learning to love the Modal Skulpt. I made it on the Digitakt and the Sampletrak with a little help from an Oceans 11 pedal. The Skulpt is the only sound source. I think itā€™s pretty neat.

7 Likes

Just give it a go, muscle memory kicks in quite fast after a little warm up. I barely practice at the moment but even after weeks without Iā€˜m mostly surprised that I donā€™t suck as much as I thought I would.

1 Like

A short little edit on the Digitakt.

2 Likes

Happy 420 :slight_smile:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CN4ZX1shRaY/?igshid=10sbmonvxyjyo

Made on OT and AH mk2ā€™s

4 Likes

Vibey, I could imagine Lord Quasā€™ rapping over it.

1 Like

To celebrate 4/20 (which accidentally is also my birthday :D) I just released my new instrumental hiphop album.

Iā€™ve worked on this album for 2 years. Itā€™s made completely on the Digitakt, mainly using my Rhodes, Moog GM and vinyl records as sample sources.

I would love for you guys to take a listen and let me know what you think!

7 Likes

For whatever reason, I think that I was expecting something more like a beat tape but this is a proper instrumental album. Itā€™s really well balanced. Super low key but you never feel like there are verses missing or something. Iā€™m really struck by how well everything fits together and just the sound of it. Itā€™s prettyā€¦ great. I like it a lot.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a really great compliment @Doug!

I really tried to make it into an album with songs instead of just a collection of beats like my last tape, so I really appreciate you saying that!

1 Like

@Sleepyhead canā€™t wait to listen to it! So, this one is DT only, eh? From what Iā€™ve heard so far, drums are super crunchyā€¦ You had an SP at some point, right?

1 Like

@Kuro Thanks man! Yeah DT only except for 1 songā€¦ (can you guess which one? ;))

I did use some sp404 fx here and there, but its mainly produced and mixed on the DT only.

A Digitone. A Digitakt. An idea whose time has come.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CN5b-wolVMD/?igshid=13asjkdckz7rc

2 Likes

This is great, especially the drums, hope you make this into a full track

1 Like

Fair play, listened to this a couple of times today. Particularly enjoyed Sidewalk and Nowadays :+1:

1 Like

I canā€™t listen, I donā€™t have spotify account. Do you plan to release it on soundcloud or youtube ?

2 Likes

Thanks @Maisin, appreciate it!

@blaize: you shouldnā€™t, theyre thieves anyway haha. Iā€™ll put the entire tape on youtube one of these days! Will post it here when I do!

1 Like