Hip hop made with the Digitakt

Super sick beat. Love that dark style.

Hey thank you so much man! The ZOIA is pretty incredible, it can do so many things, I use it for a different purpose on almost every track, sometimes itā€™s just a MIDI processor, sometimes it adds some crazy effects, sometimes both at the same time. Really amazing little device. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to hear your stuff!

https://apolloxnoiraz.bandcamp.com/album/the-masters-of-conundrum Made the project entirely in the digitakt, yall check it out also, follow me on instagram @giftedapollox! Feedback is greatly appreciated!

3 Likes

Has anyone paired a model:cycles with a DT yet for hip hop stuff? Iā€™ve been waiting for an Elektron drum machine to pair with the DT, but I have to admit I would much prefer one in a DT/DN format, so I may skip this one. :thinking:

I was hoping the DN could do everything the cycles can, but answer is unfortunately no.

2 Likes

:fire: I love it

Tryed to pair with various synth but always come back to standalone DT. At the moment, I pair the DT with my computer to resample drums loop processed by VSTs.
Not really interested by other Elektron machine, maybe M:S.

2 Likes

iā€™m confusedā€¦ the DT is an Elektron drum machine. so you want another DT? :thinking:

I think of it more as a sampler. Iā€™d like something that does drum synthesis, like a machinedrum.

Iā€™m honestly mostly in the same boat. Iā€™ve never really been a synth person and have gone through quite a few hardware synths over the years hoping to find the magic one I truly love (the closest I came in hardware was a Juno-106). The synths Iā€™ve actually bonded with the most have been software actually (U-he Diva and Repro) as I love Boards of Canada types of sounds.

I also find that Iā€™m most productive with just one box, so maybe I shouldnā€™t add anything else, but I have always liked the idea of trying the DT paired with a drum synth, mainly because the Machinedrum always looked so amazing to me. My dream Elektron machine to pair with the DT would be an MD in a DT/DN case with all the modern bells and whistles. The new Cycles looks to have some of some of that vibe, itā€™s just that I really donā€™t like the looks of the low-end Elektron devices and they are a bit too stripped down for my taste.

2 Likes

Very dope, you really have your own sound.

Incredibly dope. Thatā€™s entirely Digitakt and then tracked to a DAW for mixdown/mastering? Sounds great.

yeah i dont use overbridge but next project i will so i can actual mix all the individual sounds instead of just filtering drums and sample inside digitakt

2 Likes

oh, i see what youā€™re sayingā€¦

1 Like

maybe a nord drum 2 rack

1 Like

Yeah I was hoping for a digi style box too but very happy with the cycles. Probably they wonā€™t create a cycles bigger brother but man that would be cool!

1 Like

Am a Digitakt onlyā€¦
However I really have been feel I want DN.
More and more.

But the the choice, DT+DN or
TWO DIGITAKT.

I think you might feel it.

2 Likes

I think 2 DT is overkill. You can do anything with 1 DT, and if you want make live set with DT, I think just a looper with mix desk is enough.
The DN can bring something.

You might have wise word hereā€¦
I think I would go to a crazyland of radical bliss
with eight track moreā€¦ I could be wrongs.
It is true the DN brings something other to the table.
That is why I want.
Full disclosure, I also crave hard for OT!

Yes the DN bring something but be sure it bring something you want. For Hip Hop prod Iā€™m not sure because there is not a big synth part and the DT can cover this synth part very well with single cycle or one shot sample.
OT is something I want to try too. But Iā€™m still scary, I see so many ppl resell it after a month or two. Donā€™t want to loose myself in a programming and menu diving environement.
Actually, if I really need to add something to my DT, it will be the M:S. Just to finger drum on it, adjust the loop and resample into the DT.

It was my b-day this week and I did a total impulse buy. I bought a Behringer MS-101, as I have always wanted to try an original SH-101 as a big Boards of Canada fan. One of the big music shops here had an MS-101 marked down like $100, presumably because itā€™s branded MS-101 and Behringer has changed the name to MS-1. Anyway, it proved too tempting to resist and itā€™s the blue one which is the color I prefer. It should be here sometime this weekend and I have a week off from work next week, so with Japan in COVID-19 mode, I think the best plan is to stay home and make some beats. Iā€™ll try to post something if I can. I havenā€™t touched my DT in a long time, so Iā€™m excited to dust it off and see what I can do with these two machines (and a bunch of guitar pedals).

2 Likes