Hip Hop Beat Battle #28 - Elektronauts, mount up! - VOTING THREAD

Awesome! Congratulations I really love your beat. As previously stated especially the bass is so crisp!

2 Likes

Thanks man! much appreciated yours was really good too it makes it make it really difficult when it comes to the vote.
But honestly my first attempt that I scrapped wasn’t great at all :joy:

With regards to the next one, if @ooly or anyone that took part wants to come up with the next idea and host that would be great

2 Likes

Congrats to the winners and especially to @Yabba for always bringing a quality beat to each theme :clap: And thanks to @Jedilicious for hosting this battle :pray:

I was number 6. Composed in Ableton Live, added bass line and guitar, plus a flexitone’s sample. For me, my chorus lacks the G-Funk spirit, but I haven’t managed to find anything else that suits me.

If anyone in the audience would like to host the next battle, it would be great!

5 Likes

Congratulations @Yabba Thank you @Jedilicious for hosting. Amazing quality beats from everybody!

Here are my track notes. All samples were played with the Rytm. Drums and percussion were made using DR-5 (using A4 as a filter bank in between, ext in to Rytm) and Rytm together. The pattern was sampled with SU10 from Rytm and transferred back to Rytm over midi using SDS. I prepared the vocal samples with Ableton. The source for Nobody Does It Better was a youtube acapella video. The starting westside-sample is from Ice Cube’s You Know How We Do It. Bass and lead were made with the A4 (ext in to Rytm).

4 Likes

If anyone in the audience would like to host the next battle, it would be great!

I really enjoy hosting these battles and writing the prompts, but prefer to skip at least one battle before I host again. If no one volunteers, we can always check in the The Big Elektronauts Hip-Hop Thread: production tips, sharing our music, feedback and inspiration - #1053 by drrumble

4 Likes

If everyone is ok with your suggestion. It’s ok for me, great idea!

4 Likes

im ok with putting out a bat signal for a host too!

5 Likes

If nobody steps up to host I guess I’ll set one up later today or tomorrow if no objections

7 Likes

I say go for it man!

2 Likes

New battle :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I was on holiday this week.
I did the track 3, I was quite happy about it, maybe for the first time, but it didn’t collect many votes…that means that I have still lot to learn. :smiley:

The bass and drums comes from Odetta - Hit Or Miss I sampled some bars at the beginning and I put them in loop.
I added some more drums using ableton and some piano + pad to build the baseline.
On top I played the lead using Operator and design a sort of 8bit sound.

For the brake I used a drum break and a sampled scratches.

The vocals are from I Need A Light, tuned down a couple of tones and with some effects.

Thank you! I really like to be part of this compilations.

emadb

PS I uploaded the project here in case someone want to know a little bit more: Battle28 Project.zip - Google Drive

6 Likes