Hi, im ylva and im making a youtube album using mainly elektron boxes

https://qbin.io/leon-africa-js2c/raw

can I use this in ableton?

if u have max for live then yes

saved it as *.amxd and put it into both Max Audio Effect and Max Instruments but if I add it to a track nothing happens - do I have to edit something in or out? (like the code tags?)

im somewhere with reallllly bad internet but in a nutshell u have to copy the code -> new from clipboard (in the max editor)

1 Like

hello
i hope everyone is ok, as much as someone can be ok these days, i didn’t see this dystopian spring coming but i guess nobody did.
personally im having a lot of mood swings but im doing my best to keep my head above the water

i made a new 3 track EP using the digitone and “sun drums” - a drum machine i wrote in max for live. the drum machine is made with the intention of it being sequenced/plocked by the digitone but it will work just fine with any other elektron / midi device / and can be of course just sequenced inside ableton live. its also a love song in 3 parts for the digitone, an exceptional instrument.

the whole idea behind it was to practice purism / minimalsim (altho it does not sound very minimal, its more of an approach thing, using similar sounds in each track etc) anyways the drum machine is included with the release (bonus item on bandcamp) and so are 125 one-shot samples. you can get it on BC

at the time of writing the world is very scary and uncertain, personally i swing between pure terror caused by thinking of the future and an impulse that drives me to be productive and not waste time on self pity cause we are all in this together. if you are broke and feeling down / lonely and you think my music / drum machine can help but you cant afford it, pm me and i will send you a copy.

30 Likes

I bought it on bandcamp. great EP and very useful drum machine!
Great stuff under the hood as well!

Wow, really looking forward to hooking this up to my OT’s sequencer and going crazy.
Was able to make a fun beat in no time.

9 Likes

:black_heart:

Gonna grab this Friday. Bandcamp is dropping their fees so artists make more from sales on Friday!

6 Likes

i did not know that!:black_heart:

1 Like

“To raise even more awareness around the pandemic’s impact on musicians everywhere, we’re waiving our revenue share on sales this Friday, March 20, and rallying the Bandcamp community to put much needed money directly into artists’ pockets.”

2 Likes

Picked this up! I really appreciate your music! And SunDrums looks intriguing!

<3

1 Like

thank you! and stay safe! @d4ydream

2 Likes

yep can’t remember the last time I heard such an inspiring tune, deep yet full of hope and positivity.

3 Likes

also you gotta admit i was pretty ahead of time with my gloves which have proven to be as useful for video masking as much as for pandemics

9 Likes

Not even half way through and you’ve got me crying like a child.
Your ability to convey emotions through music is incredible.

4 Likes

@Fin25 thank you friend, stay safe!

1 Like

Props to that, I still think you’ve missed a trick by not using shadow puppets imo

1 Like

Haha true that! Stay safe yourself.

1 Like

Stunning… thank you

1 Like