Help with stereo video recording needed on iphone/ipad

hi all
i know there’s quite a few members on EN, who record videos so I’m hoping to get some advice on my issue;

I’ve got a Phonic Helixboard 18 Universal connected to my pc via USB and used as audio interface. I’ve got all my sins (AK, Prophet12, Mopho x4, Matrixbrute) connected to that board and I run everything through reaper. I’m using the MAIN OUT R/L outs to send signal to Audient ID44 which I connect via camera kit with my iPhone 8 plus. The Audient has a standalone mode saved so it allows me to have monitoring on as the Iphone camera doesn’t have dedicated sounds settings. I have downloaded quite a few video recording apps and despite the Audient / IOS is not officially supported, the device is being recognized when connected to my iPhone. The signal I’m sending from Phonic mixboard to the Audient is stereo. The monitoring on Audient is also stereo, however when I record video in, let’s say Filmic Pro… (having Audient set as audio in in the settings and seeing that signal is going in on the display), the video always ended up being mono. I feel like I’ve tried everything, but the chances are that i’m doing something wrong. Can anyone help?
Cheers

sounds like the apps sum it to mono… can you try an audio recording app, like audioshare, aum or something that definetely records stereo, to check, if it happens in filmic pro or in the audio interface? i can try it later with my phone and filmic pro…

just recorded this via music memos app

the video

the video is indeed mono…

in filmic pro the audio meter(s) should turn to 2 green bars, as soon as you connect your stereo audio interface (and choose it as the recording source)

maybe try to connect it after you launched the app…

also make sure that
automatic gain correction and
voice processing
are disabled in the audio tab

i will test it this evening…

is that what you meant? i’m colour blind… thanks for your help btw

you are welcome.

yes, thats the screen i meant. below the 1080 the audio meter bar is in mono in your case.

i just tested it with mine and it should look like this: (two bars for l and r channel)

so the app is the problem… are you on ios or android?

have you tried reconnecting the interface, while the app is running?

1 Like

IOS Iphone 8 Plus… latest update… damn… can’t figure out what’s wrong

I have to launch the app first, then connect the ID44 because I’m not getting any sound straightaway… I have to manually choose the Audient…

hm, really strange, as it works with your music memo app in stereo…

seems just like an unlucky combination

maybe you can try another camera app… or sync audio and video in post production…

1 Like

in memo app you can manually choose the inputs… I have tried some other ios video apps and none of them offer that option… it seems the audient is the problem. it forces everything into mono, even when I record with the iphone camera… it’s mono too. my only savior would be an app where you can manually choose the inputs, if there isn’t one… then yes, I’ll have to sync audio video after :disappointed:

Nice typo!

definitely not typo :innocent:

1 Like

i also smiled while reading about your sins :slight_smile:

maybe you want to try the cheap interface i use: behringer uca 222 for youtube quality is good enough i guess… only around 20€ new

it can be powered by only the iphone and has stereo chinch inputs and hardware monitoring…

1 Like

yeah, I had one of these, gave it to someone. ill try to email audient and if they won’t help, I’ll get the Behringer. Vielen dank

1 Like