Help with new MD-UW sample transfer

Hey, guys. I just upgraded to a UW version after falling in love with a regular non-UW Machinedrum, and I can’t transfer a single sample to this unit to save my life.

Everytime I try to transfer a sample from C6 to the unit, one of 3 things happens (and it’s usually random which one happens):

1. Nothing. The Machinedrum just keeps saying “Waiting”.

2. I get a “Wrong Packet” error.

3. I get an “Invalid Checksum” error.

I am using the TM-1 Midi interface with fully functional cables. I’ve tried it in regular mode and turbo mode, and with an open AND closed Midi loop.

I’ve tried multiple mono samples and it always does the same thing.

I’ve played with all the setting in C6. I’ve tried to change the delay ticks in the configuration. I’ve tried the “DigiPRO” option as well as a straight WAV transfer.

Here’s the weird thing. I CAN transfer Sound Packs (with their samples) downloaded from the Elektron website by using the C6 file (which automatically adds multiple .syx files to C6 for transfer). So, I know the connection between computer and MD is technically functional.

BUT, I simply cannot transfer any individual samples from computer to MD.

There’s not a lot of extra information out there about what to do from here, so I’m hoping someone can help before I contact official support.

Thanks in advance!

mac or pc?

Sorry, Mac. I have the latest OS for all hardware involved, and the latest version of C6 as well.

ok, i would try some new cables first but there’s issues occasionally with mac and c6, i recall changing the boot order ie. md > c6 or c6 > md helped some people with a4/ot…

http://test.http://www.elektronauts.com/t/does-anyone-actually-use-c6/1776

Thanks for your help. No matter what I do I get “Unhandled Checksum”. It doesn’t matter what I turn on or plug in first. It’s very frustrating.

Looks like I’ll need to try Elektron support unless anyone else has any other suggestions.

Try to uncheck “Use extended SDS”.
It works for me with last OS mac and no TM1

1 Like

Ha, now that’s giving me the “Error: Wrong Packet” message. This program is so bizarre.

Wait, I was wrong. I hadn’t unchecked it. Now it works! Thanks. WTF?

1 Like

Cool :+1:
Have fun.

I loved apple/mac before but now it is just messed up.

Seriously. I love how the solution to this problem was to uncheck a random box that I was specifically told previously to keep checked to make a different problem go away. There’s no good documentation anywhere on troubleshooting.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice. It’s working now. Until next time…

1 Like

there was a new firmware realeased for the TM1 modul ! and c6 had been updated like half a year ago… i upgraded the firmware without major obstacles few days ago…

none the less: c6 is a piece of shit stuck on the sole of a awesome boot called elektron

C6 is actually really nice, especially with sysex.
It has been around for a long time and had to deal with lots of different system.

If you don’t like it, how will be overbridge? How will age a more complex software?
Can someone give me one hardware integration software that aged well?

I’m reviving this thread as I also have this issue.

I am using Mac OSX 10.9.5, TM-1, MD-UW +drive, trying to transfer with C6. I select an open spot in the sample bank, click an open slot to receive, the MD says ‘waiting’, I click send on my mono wav file, 19k in size, and the MD says ‘error unhandled checksum’. I have ‘configured’ C6 so that the MIDI in and MIDI out of the TM-1 are highlighted. I have updated the TM-1 software to the most recent version. I have add 'Delay (ticks) in various amounts (2, 10, 50), I have clicked ‘Use Extended SDS’ and ‘Send SPS-1UW Name’. None of these have helped. Also, I receive and send midi data with these cables daily, so it’s not the cables.

Does anyone know of a step I might have missed or know of something that I can do?

Just wanted to bump this thread.
I contacted elektron and they say they don’t even know why this may be happening.

Has anyone else experienced something similar and come up with a different solution than those posted in this thread already?

1 Like

Hi guys,

I amnew to the forum just got a MD mk2. This post really helped me into loading the samples from a sound pack i bought.

But now how do i locate and use them??

Thank you for your help

ee

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: New TM-1 firmware – 1.05

got?

I’m reviving this thread because I think the problem I’m having is more or less generic. The C6 application was used by OP, but in my case I am attempting to send a sysex file to my MD with Sysex Librarian v1.4 on OSX 10.15.7.

I would like to know if anyone has tips to transfer a sysex bulk file (with many audio files concatenated). The C6 application used to do this for us but since I don’t have it anymore, it’s my understanding that I need to roll my own.

Here is what I am trying:

• I have 48 files that I would like to send to the MD.
  • I brought them into my editing application and placed them on a new track timeline in sequence.
  • There are markers in my application that get embedded into the SDS file generated when I export.
  • I would like to then go into the MD and select [ORIG] to receive the samples individually so that they can be accessed in the list.
  • I attempt this by renaming the SDS file to have a SYX extension (I saw this tip in another thread, although I’m dubious), then sending it to the MD via Sysex Librarian
  • The MD doesn’t take the file and chokes after initiating transfer, stating that there is an “unhandled checksum”

Does anyone have experience with this, or possibly a thread to refer me to?

Thanks!

NECRO THREAD REVIVE!

Hey all - I’m hoping to do a (mostly) one-time dump of a bunch of older drum machine samples to my MDUWmk2.

I have a TM-1, and I have an ancient version of C6 and access to a Windows 11 laptop. Is this still the best/optimal method for transferring samples? I also have an M1 Mac w/SysEx Librarian - but my thinking is the Windows/C6 method is better.

Yes.

1 Like